Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Genetics and Selective Breeding
Jump to new posts Re: Dun v Chocolate - Pros and Cons by Hen-Gen @ Today at 01:50 AM

Originally Posted By: Henk69It doesn't melt in the sun, so it must be dun. Just acknowledging your jest!
Jump to new posts Re: Dun v Chocolate - Pros and Cons by Smooth Mule @ Yesterday at 08:06 PM

Updating....hoping I'm not jinxing myself. Recessive chocolate rooster (Araucana project pen, over a very dark dun bantam Sumatra hen. Several developing...I'll post pics when they hatch
Waterfowl
Jump to new posts Re: New to geese, drake has a shaky neck? by Redcap @ Yesterday at 12:43 PM

I am not firm with water birds, but I would advise You to look for a trained/skilled geese expert (I had/have mine for Chickens since 10-15 Years) in Your area, who can visit You and coach You in such situations. Sorry, that I can't help really. All
Waterfowl
Jump to new posts New to geese, drake has a shaky neck? by Terri @ 05/24/17 05:46 AM

Hi! I'm new to geese and they have taken my attention off my chickens! I just love these beautiful and happy birds. I ordered them a few months ago. They are app 14 weeks old and fully feathered. I am concerned about the drake? His neck shakes fre
I'll have to get a picture of his underside, but I forgot that I have at least one picture of him at a younger stage. I'll try to attach it. The silkie roo really isn't your ideal silkie; he's a feed store chick. He lacks the foot feathering, full c
Jump to new posts Re: Puzzled about Spangling by Smooth Mule @ 05/21/17 08:41 PM

Thank you so much....I am less stressed now
Jump to new posts Re: Puzzled about Spangling by Smooth Mule @ 05/21/17 08:14 PM

Thank you so much....I am less stressed now
Jump to new posts Re: Puzzled about Spangling by Wieslaw @ 05/21/17 05:28 AM

I had a nearly identical (microscopically more brown) chick which ended up with big spangles(do not pay attention to the barring, it does not change anything) on his breast You can see ER and Db at the moment.
Jump to new posts Re: Cuckoo Orpingtons by Wieslaw @ 05/21/17 12:57 AM

I forgot to add something. I do not know from which breed the barring was borrowed to create Cuckoo Orpingtons, but usually people outcross to a breed which is MOST SIMILAR to the breed in question, and then breed back to the desired type.