Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Breed Discussions
Jump to new posts Yokohama rooster with low libido - what to do? by Mistfall @ Yesterday at 07:16 PM

Hello all, I have a handsome silver duckwing Yokohama who seems to have no interest in breeding the hens. Is this a breed issue for Yokohamas? He is 14 months old and seems quite healthy otherwise, with a diet of quality pellets supplemented by a y
Breed Discussions
Jump to new posts Re: Egg laying strain of Muscovy duck? by Etienne @ 09/20/18 12:22 AM

Ok, so yours lay around 90 to 160 eggs a year? Thanks for your reply
Breed Discussions
Jump to new posts Re: Egg laying strain of Muscovy duck? by Foehn @ 09/19/18 06:50 PM

The Muscovy I had would lay 30-40 eggs in a laying period and then sit on the lot of them if they remained with undiscovered nest. They are generally good layers and will lay consistently as long as you know where the nest is and keep removing the e
Genetics and Selective Breeding
Jump to new posts Autosexing gene involvement by Etienne @ 09/19/18 08:32 AM

Hi, I have seen a few posts about the autosexing breeds and breeding (not interested in sex-link), which is quite interesting What I understood so far is that the barred gene (B) is on the Z chromosome, and if present homozygously on males it shows d
Genetics and Selective Breeding
Jump to new posts Re: Fake taillessness by Smooth Mule @ 09/18/18 07:36 PM

Weren't Araucana's used to make them?
Who's Online
0 registered (), 77 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box