Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Genetics and Selective Breeding
Jump to new posts Re: Mottled Blacktail red by Wieslaw @ 35 minutes 36 seconds ago

I do not think mottling will cause barring on Db, as it normally affects only the tips of the feathers. Au contraire, most of my red cocks with mo/mo had problems with showing the black band at all. I do not know whether he is Db or Di though(or
Jump to new posts Re: Mottled Blacktail red by Hebe @ Today at 01:33 AM

I am not trying to breed Tolbunt. My interest in the Db mottled birds is a belief it will produce a better gold and better shaped spangle, hopefully larger with out Ml. Tho it may bring out barring. Seeing the nature of mottling to remove messy marki
Jump to new posts Re: Mottled Blacktail red by Hebe @ Yesterday at 01:34 AM

I though tolbunt started off as meaning jazzy or messy. That was what I was told. Or maybe they were trying for mottled lace tailed laced all along. I will stick to tricolour I think!
Jump to new posts Re: "Pumpkin" OEGB genetics by Wieslaw @ 02/20/17 05:07 PM

Just bumping. will comment tomorrow.
Jump to new posts Re: Mottled Blacktail red by Wieslaw @ 02/20/17 05:02 PM

Isn't tolbunt supposed to be mo/mo on laced(like Polish)?
Jump to new posts Re: Mottled Blacktail red by Hebe @ 02/20/17 04:20 PM

Another odd thing about mottled is how it organises black and gold in an vaguely similar way to Pg. As mottling seldom affects every feather it is easily seen. It shows especially on a semi patterned/messy feather where you get the effect of mottling
Jump to new posts Re: Mottled Blacktail red by Hebe @ 02/20/17 03:28 PM

We are going full circle and come back to my own questioning website. lol. Put together Db, Ml and Pg with momo and you get mottled spangle. This bird appears to have Mahogany but my experience of it in this project is it enhances green sheen, th
Jump to new posts Re: Mottled Blacktail red by Redcap @ 02/20/17 07:41 AM

Aren't spangled Orloffs sometimes e^b based? And Tollbunt Polishs? Maybe this posting from Kazjaps which refers to Sedgwick Wyandottes could enlight something? http://www.the-coop.org/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=95245#Post95245
Jump to new posts Re: Db out of buffs by Redcap @ 02/20/17 07:39 AM

It is in the documents area, now. http://documents.kippenjungle.nl/#post41
Jump to new posts Re: Various faces of achromatosis by Wieslaw @ 02/20/17 06:47 AM

The hen below was fooling me for the longest time that she was S. After the first adult molt: Attention: I have discovered that my camera is a pheomelanin diluter. In reality the pheomelanin on the neck and head is more intense than on the la
Jump to new posts Re: wildtype only lighter by Wieslaw @ 02/20/17 06:14 AM

This thread needed bumping.
Jump to new posts Re: Db out of buffs by Wieslaw @ 02/20/17 05:49 AM

Here is an abstract I found in The Genetic Basis of the Birchen Pattern of the Domestic Fowl1 Jay W. Moore J. Robert Smyth, Jr. https://academic.oup.com/ps/article-abst...-Pattern-of-the Quote:Abstract The primary plumage pattern of the gold-bar
Jump to new posts Re: Duckwing goes red by Wieslaw @ 02/20/17 04:56 AM

In Genetic Control of Melanin Pigmentation in the Fowl, Smyth 76, page 76, it says that breast of e+ s+ female becomes dark red in presence of Mh http://www.poultryscience.org/docs/pba/1952-2003/1976/1976%20Smyth.pdf
Jump to new posts Re: Mottled Blacktail red by KazJaps @ 02/19/17 10:34 PM

So expect eb Db/Db co+/co+ mo hens to be messy, considering they will have residual secondary patterning (Db/Db co+ doesn't give a clean black-tailed orange base with the hens). You could look through what Wieslaw has segregated in his e+ Db mo/mo L
Jump to new posts Re: Mottled Blacktail red by KazJaps @ 02/19/17 09:10 PM

The following description of Black-tailed Red eb/eb Db/Db Villafranquina: Genetics of the black-tailed red plumage pattern in Villafranquina chickens. Campo JL, Alvarez C. Poult Sci. 1988 Mar;67(3):351-6. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3405912
Jump to new posts Re: Mottled Blacktail red by KazJaps @ 02/19/17 08:52 PM

There is a photo of a Smyth's tester line eb/eb Db/Db hen in the following full paper: Further Studies on the Db Plumage Color Locus in the Fowl JAY W. MOORE HENRY L. CLASSEN J. ROBERT SMYTH, JR. Poult Sci (1978) 57 (4): 829-834. https://academic.
Jump to new posts Re: Mottled Blacktail red by Wieslaw @ 02/19/17 05:05 PM

Several years ago we were trying to find a picture of a Spanish breed Villafranquina Red (Roja) which was mentioned as the only one to officially have the eb/eb Db/Db genotype. It was all in vain, we never found it (only pictures of some imposters).
Breed Discussions
Jump to new posts Colloncas! by ThatColloncaGuy @ 02/19/17 04:05 PM

Greetings to all! I am actively breeding Colloncas. These birds are the sweetest birds I've ever raised. I don't wish to argue "true collonca" with anyone. What I'm raising are clean-faced, rumpless blue egg laying sweethearts that any
Jump to new posts Mottled Blacktail red by Hebe @ 02/19/17 03:14 PM

Has anyone got pictures of mottling on a bird known to be DbDb (blacktail red) on eb?
Jump to new posts Re: Unusual chick by Foehn @ 02/17/17 08:36 PM

Well those of you who thought Silver are right. Too early yet to tell if his lacing will be incomplete as he is still putting out first chick feathers I'll try to get a photo of him soon though. Now in the second hatching from that pen, I have differ
Jump to new posts Re: Duckwing goes red by Wieslaw @ 02/17/17 04:25 AM

Originally Posted By: KazJapsYou are right, Db was certainly not formally described by 1963 (Db extracted from Fayoumi by Moore & Smyth, 1972). But the e+ Gr/Gr chick down is nothing like Db/Db. Mind you, Gr/Gr chick down is not melanised like ty
Jump to new posts Re: Duckwing goes red by KazJaps @ 02/16/17 08:03 PM

You are right, Db was certainly not formally described by 1963 (Db extracted from Fayoumi by Moore & Smyth, 1972). But the e+ Gr/Gr chick down is nothing like Db/Db. Mind you, Gr/Gr chick down is not melanised like typical e+ or eb buff columbian
Jump to new posts Re: Duckwing goes red by Wieslaw @ 02/16/17 04:33 PM

I have not read it yet, but I scrolled it totally down checking for Db, and watching the pictures. The year is 1963. I have not noticed a single mention on Db in any context. My suspicion is that the author was NOT AWARE about the existence of Db a
Jump to new posts Re: Duckwing goes red by Wieslaw @ 02/16/17 01:27 PM

Redcap, thanks a LOT!!
Jump to new posts Re: Duckwing goes red by Redcap @ 02/16/17 12:19 PM

Here are colored pictures. http://documents.kippenjungle.nl/#post28
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >