Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Genetics and Selective Breeding
Jump to new posts Re: The Lamarckian chicken and the Darwinian egg by Redcap @ 01/14/17 09:51 PM

Some more papers/projects to the topics Epigenetics/Nutrigenomics. Quote:This place is dedicated to the study of epigenetic mechanisms that act in early stages of the development of vertebrates using chicken embryos as experimental models. http://ww
Jump to new posts Re: Rhode Island by Redcap @ 01/14/17 06:32 AM

That's a nice cockerel. In fact Wieslaw has right, that the tail feathers should be black. You can see it in Your bird very well. Maybe you can explain the illusion, that Your birds seems to be all red by this way: As the "ideal" Rhode Isl
Jump to new posts Re: Rhode Island by Apino @ 01/14/17 12:38 AM

thanks for the answers. In the down feathers, there isn't slate-greyish undercolour.
Jump to new posts Re: Rhode Island by Apino @ 01/14/17 12:33 AM

that's a my young rir:
Jump to new posts Re: Rhode Island by Wieslaw @ 01/13/17 05:57 PM

As far as I know RIRs are supposed to have black tails, the whole red ones are just "wrong". The show quality RIRs (which are very dark in many countries) have obviously different genetics than the "ordinary birds" from hatcharies
Jump to new posts Re: Rhode Island by Redcap @ 01/13/17 01:21 PM

Originally Posted By: ApinoHi, I have some question abouth RIR. I readed around that it can be both eWh and ey. Is it possible to know the optical difference ? And.. I know there is an originarian USA and German selection. The USA is brown matt, wh
Jump to new posts Rhode Island by Apino @ 01/13/17 11:54 AM

Hi, I have some question abouth RIR. I readed around that it can be both eWh and ey. Is it possible to know the optical difference ? And.. I know there is an originarian USA and German selection. The USA is brown matt, while the German is brown luc
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3