Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Genetics and Selective Breeding
Jump to new posts Re: Mottled Blacktail red by Wieslaw @ 34 minutes 39 seconds ago

I do not think mottling will cause barring on Db, as it normally affects only the tips of the feathers. Au contraire, most of my red cocks with mo/mo had problems with showing the black band at all. I do not know whether he is Db or Di though(or
Jump to new posts Re: "Pumpkin" OEGB genetics by Wieslaw @ 02/20/17 05:07 PM

Just bumping. will comment tomorrow.
Jump to new posts Re: Db out of buffs by Redcap @ 02/20/17 07:39 AM

It is in the documents area, now. http://documents.kippenjungle.nl/#post41
Jump to new posts Re: Various faces of achromatosis by Wieslaw @ 02/20/17 06:47 AM

The hen below was fooling me for the longest time that she was S. After the first adult molt: Attention: I have discovered that my camera is a pheomelanin diluter. In reality the pheomelanin on the neck and head is more intense than on the la
Jump to new posts Re: wildtype only lighter by Wieslaw @ 02/20/17 06:14 AM

This thread needed bumping.
Jump to new posts Re: Duckwing goes red by Wieslaw @ 02/20/17 04:56 AM

In Genetic Control of Melanin Pigmentation in the Fowl, Smyth 76, page 76, it says that breast of e+ s+ female becomes dark red in presence of Mh http://www.poultryscience.org/docs/pba/1952-2003/1976/1976%20Smyth.pdf
Breed Discussions
Jump to new posts Colloncas! by ThatColloncaGuy @ 02/19/17 04:05 PM

Greetings to all! I am actively breeding Colloncas. These birds are the sweetest birds I've ever raised. I don't wish to argue "true collonca" with anyone. What I'm raising are clean-faced, rumpless blue egg laying sweethearts that any
Jump to new posts Re: Unusual chick by Foehn @ 02/17/17 08:36 PM

Well those of you who thought Silver are right. Too early yet to tell if his lacing will be incomplete as he is still putting out first chick feathers I'll try to get a photo of him soon though. Now in the second hatching from that pen, I have differ
Jump to new posts Re: Silver gold and other mysteries by Wieslaw @ 02/16/17 06:52 AM

In one of the very old threads I came across a statement saying something like "ig and Mh do not mix". I did not really understand what was meant by that. But I think I understand now. There is one very extraordinary thing about her