Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Genetics and Selective Breeding
Jump to new posts Help with identifying adult phenotype of a chick by FlyingGarlic @ 05/23/19 07:57 AM

Hi, I am new to this forum and so happy to have found it! I am a biology teacher and my favorite topic to teach is genetics. I am new to chicken color genetics and want to learn more. I recently bought Silkie (Sizzle) hatching eggs from a breeder. I
Jump to new posts Re: Chick down phenotypes and genotypes by FlyingGarlic @ 05/23/19 05:14 AM

Hi, I am new to this forum and so happy to have found it! I am a biology teacher and my favorite topic to teach is genetics. I am new to chicken color genetics and want to learn more. I recently bought Silkie (Sizzle) hatching eggs from a breeder.
Jump to new posts Re: Neck and saddle hackle striping by Smooth Mule @ 05/19/19 02:17 PM

If I wanted clean hackles in my Silver Duckwings then, am I going to lose the clean hackles if outcrossed to clean it up then back to DW to correct the type and back to e+ duckwing? I was using a cock last year that was awful. Culled all the chic
Jump to new posts Re: lemon/citron sebright by Smooth Mule @ 05/19/19 12:24 PM

I hatched a yellow chick from my Green JF hybrid cock. I figured another white chick like the ones I have already, but this one has pale yellow tone juvenile feathers coming in and no fibro, the others have deep fibro. I hesitate to call it lemon o
Who's Online
0 registered (), 80 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box