Dubbing Questions

Posted by: Jrsygntbrdr1

Dubbing Questions - 08/11/05 11:11 PM

I have a few questions about dubbing that I have been thinking of.

Do birds that have not been dubbed ever been disqualified? Is there a reason you HAVE to do it for a show?

I have seen some shows where the dubbed bird lost to the natural bird. I understand that the points go elsewhere on the bird such as feather quality, carriage..stuff like that. However, is the judge allowed to have preferences when judging an "official" show?

Next, I know that many people around here use a razor to dub. Does anybody else know of a more humane way to do it?

I will probably never have to do this to any of my birds ever again, but if I have another frostbite incident with my large-combed roosters I would like to know a more humane and less stressful way. Thanks for any knowledge you have!!!
Posted by: Rob2

Re: Dubbing Questions - 08/12/05 08:32 AM

To save any problems, why not do a bit of searching, the answers are all out there, probably on the COOP old posts. A lot of space is wasted by repititive questions, some of which only serve to cause dissention among the members,which are easily answered by a wee bit of research.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Dubbing Questions - 08/12/05 09:16 AM

I urge all game enthusiasts to write to their breed associations to urge them to stop requiring dubbing for showing. There's no reason why this has to continue. As Rob says, there are past postings about this.