does anyone sell chickens for a prophet

Posted by: Anonymous

does anyone sell chickens for a prophet - 08/16/05 07:51 PM

i want to sell some for a prophet
Posted by: Eowyn

Re: does anyone sell chickens for a prophet - 08/16/05 08:16 PM

I don't sell them for a prophet...aka (John, Elijah, Elisha, ect... wink ) But I do make a nice side income selling them for a profit/ extra income...took about two years to acquire all the breeds I wanted to raise, and now I sell the hatching eggs.

Re: does anyone sell chickens for a prophet - 08/16/05 09:52 PM

I want to get into the Poultry Business next year. I would be selling the eggs as well as hatching a few clutches of chicks to sell as Pullets and Cockerels. I don't expect to make a large income off of it but there is a small income in the business.

Re: does anyone sell chickens for a prophet - 08/18/05 06:50 PM

you said you sell the eggs how much ive been selling them for $1 a dozen is that good

Re: does anyone sell chickens for a prophet - 08/18/05 06:57 PM

When I first started selling eggs at The Farmer's Market I sold them for $1.00 a Dozen. while I don't have enough eggs to sell at the time I think that I would be able to raise the price to $1.50 without problems.

Re: does anyone sell chickens for a prophet - 08/18/05 07:02 PM

so i should sell them 2 the niebors for $1.50

Re: does anyone sell chickens for a prophet - 08/18/05 07:04 PM

whoops spelled nieghbors wrong sorry
Posted by: RIR32

Re: does anyone sell chickens for a prophet - 08/18/05 07:14 PM

i sell my eggs $1.25 a dozen. i sale my chicks $1.50 a piece. there is an auction every spring here and a laying hen between $8.00 to $10.00 dollars. i am planning to take around 200 next year.

Re: does anyone sell chickens for a prophet - 08/18/05 07:40 PM

It kind of depends. would your Customers spend a extra 50 cents on a dozen eggs? if they see no problem in it, sure, raise your price to $1.50 a Dozen. you just don't want to raise them too high or you might scare some customers away.

I have had people asking for eggs at The Farmer's Market. while I don't have any to sell at the moment I think that they would happily pay $1.50 for a Dozen fresh free range chicken eggs.
Posted by: Eowyn

Re: does anyone sell chickens for a prophet - 08/18/05 08:18 PM

If you have pure breds...and a roo. You can sell them as hatching eggs on eggbid, or e-bay. Maybe make a bit more than if you sold localy depending on what birds you have, and the quality.
Posted by: J. Waller

Re: does anyone sell chickens for a prophet - 08/19/05 05:28 AM

I sell 75-90 dozen eggs a month. Depends on production. But sell every one I can produce. Get $1/doz. No big profit but it's something.

Also raise and sell broiler chickens.400-500 a year.$7/bird that are about 6# dressed. Everything goes. Usually spoken for by the time I set the chicks under the brooder stove.

No big money, but fun and meet the nicest folk.

Re: does anyone sell chickens for a prophet - 08/19/05 08:35 AM

my dad dosent want me to have a rooster there to loud
Posted by: Shannon

Re: does anyone sell chickens for a prophet - 08/19/05 07:36 PM

Selling eggs is fun and helps cover the feed costs. Out here on the west coast, or at least in San Juan County, my eggs sell for $3.00 to $3.50 a dozen, and organic eggs cost $3.50 to $4.00 a dozen.

A 50 pound bag of layer feed at the feed store cost $9 to $12 dollars. I live on an island, so all the feed must be brought over from the mainland by ferry. The people who run the feed store have to pay big money to take their truck onto the state ferry, and this raises the cost of the feed a little.

I always wonder why egg prices vary so much.

Shannon

Re: does anyone sell chickens for a prophet - 08/19/05 07:39 PM

oh thanks shannon i wa selling mine for $1.50 a dozen in northen idaho

Re: does anyone sell chickens for a prophet - 08/20/05 09:27 PM

here the feed price is a bit lower. between $7.00 and $8.00 for a 50 pound bag of Layer feed. eggs also go cheap here.

though people are willing to pay a little more for fresh free range chicken eggs. they know that they are Healthier and better tasting.