Showing pullets and Cockrels!

Posted by: Cool2Chickens

Showing pullets and Cockrels! - 06/07/03 10:59 AM

i was woundering how old do Pullets and Cockrels have to be to show frown ? I have White creasted Black non bearded Polish cool ! They are 3 months old now.

Thank you,
Cool2Chickens
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Showing pullets and Cockrels! - 06/07/03 01:08 PM

I believe they should be at least six months of age to show. I always waited until they were at least six months of age so they'd show maturity... They do much better when they're fully feathered out. smile
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Showing pullets and Cockrels! - 06/07/03 01:30 PM

I agree with Jonnie. I believe it takes around 20 weeks for bird to fully mature. I think that's when you can start showing them. Well, you can show them at anytime, but you'll do better after that point.

If in doubt, look around at the fully mature birds and see how your youngun's compare to them.
Posted by: CJR

Re: Showing pullets and Cockrels! - 06/07/03 03:38 PM

Your birds will need to h ave all their adult plumage, and this varies within breeds and among birds of one breed. Often bantam pullets will have their mature plumage by 5-6 months. You must open the wings to see any immature feathers on the wings (may be different pattern than the mature feathers). Cockerels should have tails well grown in, and again, no "baby" feathers and you must inspect them for this! Might be 6 months or up to a year to be at their best! CJR