Topic Options
#101740 - 01/28/12 09:40 AM Hatchery / Breeder for Cold Weather Birds
orrinnh Offline
Chick

Loc: New Hampshire
After some research I have dedcided to get some chicks this spring. I live on the Canadian border in Nothern New Hampshire. This is the 45th parallel and it is very cold and windy all winter. The breeds I have decided on are Chantecler, Buckeye and Wyandotte in that order of preference. I am looking for a hatchery / breeder with a good reputation to get about 10 - 15 chicks. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks.

#101742 - 01/28/12 10:52 AM Re: Hatchery / Breeder for Cold Weather Birds [Re: orrinnh]
Bushman Offline
Ruler of the Roost

Loc: Wisconsin
Chantecler Fanciers International publishes a Breeders Directory.
It is available to CFI members on their website, www.chanteclerfanciersinternational.org . Otherwise, send me a private message on this site with your email for a partial listing of breeders in the New England area. It would be helpful to know which variety you are most interested in. If you are not interested in show quality, you can get better prices at a number of commercial hatcheries, including Ideal Poultry in Texas, Sandhill Preservation Center in Iowa, Myers hatchery, and several others.
1st John 5:11-12

Moderator:  Admin @ The Coop, Moderator2