Topic Options
#101193 - 01/03/12 08:43 AM Posting photos
orrinnh Offline
Chick

Loc: New Hampshire
I know how to post text, but don't know how to post photos. I would appreciate some directions for including photos in the post. Thanks!

#101197 - 01/03/12 11:28 AM Re: Posting photos [Re: orrinnh]
Rog Offline
Ruler of the Roost

Loc: Missouri
There are several sites you can post your photos on. I use Photobucket. Once you have that done you can post them on the Coop. You need to go to the full reply not the quick reply. Find the enter an image icon and click on it. Go to what ever site your picture is on and copy the url. Paste it on the enter an image box. When that is done click ok and the picture should show up. If you delete or move the picture from the original site it will also be deleted from the Coop. If you use photobucket copy and paste the direct link url. It is not real hard after you do it a couple times. Good luck. Rog

Edited by Rog (01/03/12 11:36 AM)

#101205 - 01/03/12 04:00 PM Re: Posting photos [Re: Rog]
orrinnh Offline
Chick

Loc: New Hampshire
Rog,

Thanks for the info.

#101209 - 01/03/12 05:25 PM Re: Posting photos [Re: orrinnh]
Moderator2 Offline
Administrator
Flock Leader

Loc: Eastern USA
This is one topic that gives members a hard time. The first thing that has to be in order to post a pic is; the picture has to have a web address and it has to begin with [ http:// ] and end with jpg, gif, or png. Keep in mind that it also can not be password protected which is the case with many online photo albums.
If your pictures meet the above criteria then all you need to do is click on the "IMAGE" button when you are making a new topic or if replying you will need to click Full Reply Form to have this option. This will bring up a window for you to put the URL (web address) in. Place the URL in the blank and click OK.
We ask that you do NOT place large numbers of pictures or large sized pictures in your posts. Many members and moderators have slow dial up connections. If several pictures are needed we ask that you "LINK" to them. To do this Click on the "URL" button and you can place a link to the pictures in the window that pops up. For reasons I am not sure of you can sometimes link a picture using the URL feature that will not load using the IMAGE feature.
OK clear as mud, right?

#101931 - 02/04/12 06:21 PM Re: Posting photos [Re: Moderator2]
Lanae Offline
Chicken

Loc: Willits, California
I have found tiny pic website to be the easiest to use. Google their website and follow the directions to upload a photo, then copy the link for posting to forums and message boards.

Then you past it here.

Lanae

#102408 - 02/23/12 06:50 AM Re: Posting photos [Re: Lanae]
Henk69 Offline
Classroom Professor

Loc: Netherlands
There is also a sticky topic at the genetics subforum:

http://www.the-coop.org/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=22121#Post22121

Moderator:  Admin @ The Coop, Moderator2