Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#103247 - 04/05/12 01:07 PM Not so good Dutch
Rog Offline
Ruler of the Roost

Loc: Missouri
There are Dutch eggs being sold on some internet auctions by the birds pictured here. They are being sold as pure Dutch from birds imported by " other " breeders. Now I don`t know if the seller actually believes this and is uninformed about true Dutch or not. The LB could be but is still not a good Dutch. The Black simply could not be. This post may get deleted and thats ok. Sorry if I`m stepping on anybodys toes but I think it`s time that folks , especially folks new to Dutch , and this is a " wonderfull " example of what NOT to breed , can see an example. Even breeders with great Dutch raise cull birds. But guess what ? They actually cull them and don`t sell them as Dutch. But thats just me. Rog

#103248 - 04/05/12 08:24 PM Re: Not so good Dutch [Re: Rog]
last_legs Offline
New Egg

Loc: Australia
The LB looks to have Serama blood in it.

#103249 - 04/05/12 11:40 PM Re: Not so good Dutch [Re: last_legs]
CJR Offline
Coop Master

Loc: Montana
There is a misconception that most any bantam with white earlobes and blue legs is a Dutch. Imports? NO Blacks have been imported, simply crosses with other bantam breeds. There is really nothing Dutch about these bantams! Lovely pets? Not a sale bird at any price!

And yes, a BB Red Serama, not a Dutch., Dutch do not come in BBRed.

CJR

Just yesterday, I received pictures of several other weird colored birds that the owner bought as Dutch.

Edited by CJR (04/07/12 05:52 PM)

#103268 - 04/07/12 07:46 PM Re: Not so good Dutch [Re: CJR]
Rog Offline
Ruler of the Roost

These birds were actually sold as SQ Dutch. Talk about buyer beware. If you are looking for Dutch do some research first. Lots and lots of research. There are enough good , honest breeders that you can find nice quality Dutch if you take your time , don`t get in a hurry and " Research ". The next birds pictured go beyond not so good.

Edited by Rog (04/07/12 07:47 PM)

#103269 - 04/07/12 07:49 PM Re: Not so good Dutch [Re: Rog]
Rog Offline
Ruler of the Roost

Another one.

#103270 - 04/07/12 07:53 PM Re: Not so good Dutch [Re: Rog]
Rog Offline
Ruler of the Roost

And another one.

#103271 - 04/07/12 07:56 PM Re: Not so good Dutch [Re: Rog]
Rog Offline
Ruler of the Roost

And yet another one.

#103273 - 04/08/12 02:50 PM Re: Not so good Dutch [Re: Rog]
CathyK Offline
Chicken

Loc: Ohio
Boy Rog,

I sure am glad you and Jean pointed me in the right direction. You can find nice birds, and am I ever happy with them.

Catherine

#103275 - 04/08/12 04:07 PM Re: Not so good Dutch [Re: CathyK]
CJR Offline
Coop Master

Loc: Montana
Cathy, THere is nothing Dutch about these last birds pictured. They are not even a true variety of any breed of bantam.
Old English Game Bantam breeders have been working on a variety called DUN. The first cock bird pictured has dun genes, possibly a reject from their breeding programs. (DUTCH,in the U.S. do not have this color-gene!) but if you follow the Genetics line on the COOP, there were some beautiful Dutch in "Dun Patrijs"?? that have been pictured on the COOP. They have not been accepted by the Hollandse Krielenfokkers Club of Holland--don't think they have even been introduced. To call the above 4 birds DUTCH is downright deception. Shape of the birds is all wrong, from head to tail-- to colors.

Their owner loves the birds--and that is fine--"backyard banties" in interesting mixes of colors, small, but NOT DUTCH, NO BREED at all, OEGB framework???maybe??? but NOT IN MY BANTAM COOPS! CJR

#103277 - 04/08/12 05:29 PM Re: Not so good Dutch [Re: CJR]
CathyK Offline
Chicken

Loc: Ohio
I know, I can't believe the birds pictured above were sold as SQ! I am so glad Rog told me where to find good birds, that were true Dutch! It took me more than 6 years to find them, they were worth the wait. A lively, friendly little breed, they have exceeded my expectations!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin @ The Coop, CJR 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 81 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box