Topic Options
#103307 - 04/10/12 05:57 PM City Ordinances and Laws
NolanFarms Offline
New Egg

Loc: Idaho, USA 83801
I am new here, but it occured to me while reading through a few different posts here, that this forum might benefit from a post that just discusses the City Ordinance issue. I live in the country and so there for have no issues with that. Many people who live in the city seem to have a land mine of issues to step over and around when it comes to back yard poultry. Maybe it's time we keep a list of cities who have over turned their poulty limits in favor of their citizenry who would like to keep healthy chickens with good animal husbandry in the city limits. Maybe we could keep a list of what they did that worked. Petition templets even if we can get those. Copies of where the law is linient and can be made more managable. I for one would love it if an attorney who is also an enthusiast would help with a few words of wisdom, when it comes to these issues. Such as, is it worth it to go to your city council and make sure there are chicken FRIENDLY law written and enacted on the books, to keep people from passing bad ones that limit birds only to the country side etc. just a thought, I hope it helps. I apologize if this is a duplicate post, I did look around at the other posts and didnt see this issue as of yet being broched. Thank you for your time.
Ebba
We love our Poulty Palace, Austerlorps, Jersey Giants, Black Copper Marans, Speckled Cochin Banties, Muscovy Ducks, Ring Neck Pheasants, Welsh Pembroke Corgies, Quarter Horses and Paints, and the wilderness of Northern Idaho oh and we homeschool too. =-)

#103313 - 04/10/12 06:46 PM Re: City Ordinances and Laws [Re: NolanFarms]
CJR Online   content
Coop Master

Loc: Montana
www.Seattletilth.org website with City ordinances and a group that offers training meetings annually about keeping a few hens IN THE CITY, as well as home vegetable gardening. CJR

The backyard city coops are great designs! check Search for Chickens. Their January class for Poultry was full==they will hold others..Hop around the site and see what a large CITY can do! (European, UK Cities keep chickens and many many breeders of Show stock are city dwellers!

Edited by CJR (04/10/12 06:52 PM)

Moderator:  Admin @ The Coop, Foehn