Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#103504 - 04/25/12 04:33 AM Re: Wingtriangle or not on eb-hens ! [Re: SilverSilkie]
Henk69 Online   content
Classroom Professor

Loc: Netherlands
I mean for instance the moorkop owlbeard. It shows that the blue is much darker on the melanized head than on the tail.

#103506 - 04/25/12 04:51 AM Re: Wingtriangle or not on eb-hens ! [Re: Henk69]
SilverSilkie Online   content
Ruler of the Roost

Loc: Belgium
Ah ok. Do I see it correct, is the "moorkop" epistatic ?
I wonder, If I cross such a hen (Blue Silver Partridge with moorkop) with a similar rooster could this result in as good as white (Silver Splash) Silkie with a moorkop ?

#103507 - 04/25/12 05:02 AM Re: Wingtriangle or not on eb-hens ! [Re: SilverSilkie]
Ruler of the Roost

Does anyone have an idea what genotype have the (Nederlandse Uilebaard Moorkop) "white moorhead owlbeard" ?
Can this be double doses Blue (Bl/Bl) with cha/cha ?

#103519 - 04/25/12 08:03 AM Re: Wingtriangle or not on eb-hens ! [Re: SilverSilkie]
Ruler of the Roost

Next to "black" crest they are also with "gray" crest and with "light" crest on these "Blue Silver Partridge"

When the "black" crest should be caused by the charcoal-gene "cha/cha" than the "gray" crest should be "Cha+/cha" and the "light" crest should be "Cha+/Cha+" .
But than the charcoal-gene could not be a recessive gene but must be a Dominant gene => Black crest "Cha/Cha", gray crest "Cha/cha+ and light crest cha+/cha+, no ?

Originally Posted By: SilverSilkie
An other strange thing is this chick

She is a "Blue Silver Partridge", every black is diluted except the crest-feathers !

Why the single dose Bl/bl+ have no effect on the (cha/cha) black crest ?

PS she have also the Co restrictor because she have a wingtriangle !

#103521 - 04/25/12 02:45 PM Re: Wingtriangle or not on eb-hens ! [Re: Henk69]
Poultch Offline
Coop Keeper

Loc: New Zealand
Originally Posted By: Henk69
Your last pic seems to confirm my theory that one dose of Co is hypostatic to homozygous melanizers cha/cha and maybe Ml too. wink

recently saw some hatch down photos of chicks which for all money I would have said Co restriction/involment, eb and but they feathered out fully black, Ml was involved along with other pheom enhancers

#103527 - 04/26/12 02:15 AM Re: Wingtriangle or not on eb-hens ! [Re: Poultch]
Henk69 Online   content
Classroom Professor

Charcoal:
There may be more alleles at this locus.
In my findings it behaves as an incomplete recessive. One dose has little effect on males, but is often noticable on females (back of the neck)
So one could defend it as a dominant gene too I guess, especially in a permitting genotype (eb etc...)
In scientific literature it is mentioned as both dominant and recessive, but they may refer to different alleles.

The moorkop is a lightly spangled phenotype (getoept).
Columbian-like restrictors and melanizers in play.

#103528 - 04/26/12 02:43 AM Re: Wingtriangle or not on eb-hens ! [Re: Henk69]
Ruler of the Roost

I read already about possible more alleles on the cha-locus but with your extra clarifications it start to make more sence to me.

For the "white moorhead owlbeard" what e-allel it should have, I suppose "eb" even the spangled-tails are "ER" DbPgMl !

I not breed Hamburgs or Owlbeard but Silkies and these "Blue Silver Partridges" should be "eb" with charcoal. I have it on a young rooster and on a young hen in pure (intending as blackhead).

You can see the Columbian-like restrictors have much more effect on the rooster than on the hen.

When these 2 are crossed I should become +-25% Splash (with all the Silver and Columbian restrictors it should be as good as "white") with keeping the (intense) blackhead !

Is my reasoning correct ?

#103529 - 04/26/12 03:48 AM Re: Wingtriangle or not on eb-hens ! [Re: SilverSilkie]
Henk69 Online   content
Classroom Professor

I got the blackhead effect with heterozygous blues. I don't think that splash would improve the contrast.

#103530 - 04/26/12 04:33 AM Re: Wingtriangle or not on eb-hens ! [Re: Henk69]
Ruler of the Roost

Originally Posted By: Henk69
I mean for instance the moorkop owlbeard. It shows that the blue is much darker on the melanized head than on the tail.

I could find a little webpage on this subject (it's in Dutch)
click
Here is mentioned blue undercolor and crossings with white black-crested Polands.

What is the genetic-code for these white black-crested Polands ?

Edited by Henk69 (04/26/12 07:35 AM)

#103531 - 04/26/12 05:46 AM Re: Wingtriangle or not on eb-hens ! [Re: SilverSilkie]
Ruler of the Roost

http://www.polishbreedersclub.com/apps/photos/photo?photoid=118503470

A strange explanation about crossing a Black white-crested Poland Rooster to 2 white black-crested unknown breed hens.

The F1 offspring are Blue (so the hens should be Splash) but they also produced Black offspring !!!

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin @ The Coop, Henk69