Topic Options
#105115 - 08/05/12 02:12 PM 21 weeks, Got my first eggs, from mixed batch Budd
JoeG Offline
Coop Cleaner

Loc: NY
Well My group that is 21 weeks, old last Wed, started to lay today, I got one Blue and the rest are brown, I have 2 Black Sex Links, 3 Barred Rocks, 7 Easter Eggers in this group so they all aren't laying yet but some have started ( I got 7 eggs today the other eggs I got are from My older hens can tell by shape and size ), My Buddy who has 15 or so from the same batch started to get eggs last week and My other buddy who has about 10 from the same batch also started to get eggs today.

Now I hope to get more Colored eggs, wish I knew who was laying what but I can't keep track with all of eh birds, My older batch I can tell who laid what.
8Easter Egg,5Ameraucanas
2SLW,2GLW
1White Leghorn,1Spec Sussex
2Guinea Royal Purples
2Peacocks India Blue/Blk Shoulder,1JadeSpalding PeaHen
2Royal Palm Turkeys
2Rottweilers

#105119 - 08/06/12 03:41 AM Re: 21 weeks, Got my first eggs, from mixed batch Budd [Re: JoeG]
Foehn Offline
Administrator
Lord of the Fowl

Loc: New Zealand
Always satisfying when you get those first eggs. I often think that pullet eggs taste best and they often are much brighter coloured yolks. Some of my young ones are laying too now and as they are Barnevelders the shells are a rich dark brown.

#105120 - 08/06/12 11:37 AM Re: 21 weeks, Got my first eggs, from mixed batch Budd [Re: Foehn]
JoeG Offline
Coop Cleaner

Loc: NY
Now the eggs just need to get a little bigger and some of them need to learn where to lay.
8Easter Egg,5Ameraucanas
2SLW,2GLW
1White Leghorn,1Spec Sussex
2Guinea Royal Purples
2Peacocks India Blue/Blk Shoulder,1JadeSpalding PeaHen
2Royal Palm Turkeys
2Rottweilers

Moderator:  Admin @ The Coop, Foehn