Topic Options
#107262 - 12/09/12 12:21 PM Shawnee, OK?
CJR Online   content
Coop Master

Loc: Montana
Waiting to hear about the Western National Dutch Bantam Meet? Hope for pictures! CJR

#107264 - 12/09/12 07:14 PM Re: Shawnee, OK? [Re: CJR]
SBH Offline
New Egg

Loc: Nebraska
Jean
Just got back from Shawnee after 10 hrs in the car with about 50 birds. The show was smaller than normal(2200) compaired to the normal 3000. There were only 44 open class entries and no jr entries.
I had BB with a Light Brown pullet. The RB was a Blue Light Brown pullet that was also mine. 3rd best as a Blue Cream Light Brown Cockerel by H.R Sharp. 4th best was a Cream Light Brown Cockerel by H.R Sharp. I had 5th best with a Cream Light Brown Pullet. Rodger Parker, Sarah Frank,Jim Fisk and H.R Sharp joined me in Shawnee. Rodger and H.R Sharp took photos so they will get them posted.

Some one walked of with 2 pairs of my Dutch last night so that just a little frustrating.
Stewart

#107270 - 12/10/12 09:57 AM Re: Shawnee, OK? [Re: SBH]
CJR Online   content
Coop Master

Loc: Montana
Devastationg to lose birds at a show!!!

Congratulations for the winning Dutch, both yours, for the BOBreed and Doc for other Varieties. Grateful for your time and effort to hold the Western National Meet--expected more exhibitors of Dutch to make it, but still it is so good to have a nice display of true Dutch together, for judges, and others, to see and admire (even if someone admired them with no conscience to purchase)!

And glad for other Dutch fanciers who could join in.....not only has it been a weird season for keeping birds in show plumage, but travel with birds is no longer the easy drive or flight that it was a few years ago..... CJR

Edited by CJR (12/10/12 11:17 AM)

Moderator:  Admin @ The Coop, CJR