Topic Options
#107782 - 01/15/13 12:49 PM Who is Hatching chicks?
CJR Offline
Coop Master

Loc: Montana
Inquiries for "true" Dutch keep coming. While I have LB and CLB pullets, I have no way to forecast shipping, if at all, so they are not yet offered. Mille Fleurs are just starting to lay, and have a waiting list for Millies, for several new Dutch breeders. What varieties are you hatching? Are you timing hatching for summer or early fall Shows? And are you planning on showing this winter/spring? And where? Do you need information about upcoming Shows in your area? With the demand for, we should be seeing more at Shows......it is good for the DUTCH! CJR

#107784 - 01/15/13 01:36 PM Re: Who is Hatching chicks? [Re: CJR]
Prob Offline
New Egg

Loc: California
My pullets have been laying like crazy! They should be sitting soon!

#107785 - 01/15/13 03:02 PM Re: Who is Hatching chicks? [Re: Prob]
Josh Offline
Feather

Loc: Buffalo, MO, USA
Was really disappointed last year with the nuber of Dutch being shown in our area.... zero! There were none at any of our local shows or at the state fairs of either Missouri or Iowa. I hope to change that this year!! have been trying to get some local kids "hooked" on Dutch and sent a couple of pairs up into Iowa in November; hoping to see them again at a show! Will be showing as often as I can & hauling as many as I can myself in the coming year. Hopefully the show dates will have better timing than they did this last year to avoid conflict with the goat business.

I will try to get info up about shows in this area for others as well, will probably need some assistance though!

The birds from Cutting_Edge that I picked up on the 5th have settled in & begun laying so looking forward to many new youngsters to pick from!

#107807 - 01/16/13 07:17 AM Re: Who is Hatching chicks? [Re: Josh]
Cutting_Edge Offline
Chick

Loc: Ontario,Canada
Well I have had the incubator up and rolling since the end of Nov early December started with brahmas and now am hatching Jap bantams got 30 due next weekend and set 52 on Monday.. Debating starting the dutch up this weekend only going to hatch a VERY VERY limited number this year maybe 20 total lol going to buisy showing hope to be bringing 75 birds total to Columbus and a good amount to Luckasville aswell. And will be selling what I show in the dutch to make it easier on the trip home. Hopeing to be getting Dr Bill Patterson into them this summer as well .

Josh hope you can make Columbus this year the dates are up on their site already and or Luckasville waiting to hear dates there and RUmour has it that its going to be the eastern national for dutch aswell waiting to hear for sure.

#107809 - 01/16/13 10:25 AM Re: Who is Hatching chicks? [Re: Cutting_Edge]
CJR Offline
Coop Master

Loc: Montana
Good News! It takes planning, both for hatching and showing, both for having the birds and travel plans. It used to be so easy--now it takes long term communication with our Society members and getting our calendars in "sinq'". A year ahead is not a lot of notice! DUTCH, Let's GO! Have you been watching the UK Dutch? Let's show them that we have BEST DUTCH ALSO! Thanks, Mike! CJR

Moderator:  Admin @ The Coop, CJR