Topic Options
#108061 - 01/26/13 01:00 AM How long will fresh meat and poultry last in the r
Tabithalongman Offline
New Egg

Loc: 286 whippoorwill ln,Lewisburg,...
How long will fresh meat and poultry last in the refrigerator without being frozen.?
I bought the meat and poultry yesterday 1/5/08 but want to season and marinate them before freezing. If I keep them in the grocery store packaging in the refrigerator will they last till monday 1/7/08, at which time I'll marinate them and put them in freezer bags into the freezer?

#108062 - 01/26/13 01:18 AM Re: How long will fresh meat and poultry last in the r [Re: Tabithalongman]
Foehn Offline
Administrator
Lord of the Fowl

Loc: New Zealand
Tabitha, I don't understand your question in view of the date you have published. Are you saying that you bought the meat and poultry yesterday, or are you saying that you bought it in 2008? because if it was the latter,then after 5 years in the refrigerator, I'm surprised you can stand the stink! If you froze it and have kept it that long, then it will likely be freezer burnt, and as such will not be particularly palatable, with or without marinade.
I would suggest that meat will last quite well in the refrigerator for 5-7 days, and poultry about 4. It needs to be kept pretty cold however.
I am also moving this thread to the cooking section where it is more appropriately placed

Edited by Foehn (01/26/13 01:22 AM)

Moderator:  Admin @ The Coop, Foehn