Topic Options
#107333 - 12/12/12 04:38 PM Dutch For Sale
Cutting_Edge Offline
Chick

Loc: Ontario,Canada
Well I maybe pending a move a career change so Iam going to sell off the majority of my breeding/show stock along with some extra cockerals in LB and BLB they are really nice birds for both purposes and breed true. Iam going to hold back the old pair of birds seeing as they arent yearlings like everything else and a move could not do them justice in some cases. If there is interest Iam heading down to Missouri in Jan from the 3-5 so Icaould get them across the border then. You can email me personaly at tristar@xplornet.com

Thanks Mike Vervoort

#107339 - 12/13/12 12:51 PM Re: Dutch For Sale [Re: Cutting_Edge]
CJR Online   content
Coop Master

Loc: Montana
Hoped to get a LB cockerel from you, but excited to find that 2 chicks sired by the Camileri LB cock, 51B, and out of a hen of Enninga (Holland) breeding, just earlier generations, are cockerels!. The older one IS LB and looks like a nice FIVE point comb. The younger one could be a CLB, too young still, but am greatly pleased to have him. The cock, 51B, has gone to Alberta, along with the LB hens that produced these lovely chicks! I have one LB pullet sired by 51B, and 2 LB granddaughters sired by a BLB cockerel that also went to Alberta with their dams. It has given me a really nice new line of LBs, few will be hatched except to order, as the Mille Fleur Dutch will have priority for space and time! Hope you keep your excellent LB/BLB line--and enjoy their true Dutch type! CJR

#107340 - 12/13/12 01:30 PM Re: Dutch For Sale [Re: CJR]
Cutting_Edge Offline
Chick

Hey Jean
I went through the yearling males and there is a Blue banded LB male in there I can get u a pic if you would like I do also have 5 Cockerals just finishing there tails that are 5 pointed and are going to have a super tail. They are out of one of the original males that mark got from Kristi and that nice hen that was reserve of breed in Columbus this year and did well last year for Mark

#107388 - 12/16/12 11:52 PM Re: Dutch For Sale [Re: Cutting_Edge]
CJR Online   content
Coop Master

Winter is here, and have all the birds in 2 houses==won't add any more until late Spring, after I hatch from the breeders I have, (mostly Mille Fleur and Cream Mille Fleur Dutch.) In fact, I do not plan to hatch LBs except to order. I have 7 young ones, mostly pullets. Shipping is not easy and have to plan far ahead--and winter temperatures also restrict shipping. I think you will find homes for your lovely birds. Just hope they will not be "lost" to the breeders who belong to the Society and can be located when needed to support bloodlines of "true" Dutch. Wish I was a few years younger! Won't happen! CJR
See pictures of Mike's birds on Facebook: Dutch Bantams US--pretty NICE!

#107398 - 12/17/12 10:20 AM Re: Dutch For Sale [Re: CJR]
Rog Offline
Ruler of the Roost

Loc: Missouri
There will be 3 breeders keeping the line going. Josh Stephans, Neil Townsend and myself. Plus Mike will still be keeping some. We all have birds from Mike now and are getting a few more. Remember folks these birds are compatible with Kristi`s line , originally came from them , and CJR`s line. In fact these birds should work with any pure Holland bred birds for the most part. One thing about it , these birds will not " HURT " anybody`s Dutch. No matter how good your birds are. But thats just me. Rog

#107400 - 12/17/12 11:08 AM Re: Dutch For Sale [Re: Rog]
CJR Online   content
Coop Master

Good News about these Dutch. They should support our Society members, who are still looking for more "true" Dutch. One day, we will have more imports to increase the genes pool! And if you have seen the pictures of the Dutch at the Stafford, England, show, (their Club National meet) you will see how different a true Dutch is from hatchery "dutch" in the US and older type "dutch" in the lineup of some of our shows. We have some of the BEST DUTCH and are breeding them--hope you will SHOW yours to the judges and to everyone, with pride. Don't be afraid to catch the enthusiasm and cooperation that the young crowd of UK Dutch breeders have exploded--it can be contagious and IS A GOOD THING! Join the Dutch Bantam Society and be "in touch"! CJR

#108197 - 01/29/13 10:47 AM Re: Dutch For Sale [Re: CJR]
Appyjumpindaze Offline
Flock Leader

Loc: MO
Hello!

My husband is from the Netherlands (only been here for 6 years) and has fallen in love with this breed.

I am looking for some true Dutch Bantams to get for him. I am in Missouri and would love to pick any birds close to me. I am willing to get some shipped depending on quality.

Thank you in advance!

#108205 - 01/29/13 12:26 PM Re: Dutch For Sale [Re: Appyjumpindaze]
Josh Offline
Feather

Loc: Buffalo, MO, USA
I also live in Missouri. sent you a PM

#108206 - 01/29/13 12:36 PM Re: Dutch For Sale [Re: Josh]
Cutting_Edge Offline
Chick

If you can go to see the birds at Josh he has some nice birds there same as Roger Parker... I got 15 ready to hatch this weekend and set 10 eggs from a BLB pullet then Iam done. I also have emailed a couple guys in Holland to see if I can get some Red Shoulders. Iam going to have some birds for sale in the fall.

Moderator:  Admin @ The Coop, CJR