Topic Options
#109166 - 04/04/13 02:02 AM Happy Hen House closure
Foehn Offline
Administrator
Lord of the Fowl

Loc: New Zealand
I have just received an email from a long time member of the Coop, Sandy Chapple, who has also run her own very good website for many years.
Sadly she is closing this site and the really great information that it contains will likely be lost forever. Here's what she has to say
Quote:
Site deletion 30th April 3013

I have just been to Proboards to ask them if they can not change the site.... but seems its inevitable, they can delay it for a time but eventually this site will change to v5 Beta version ... destroying all the links to my information site Fowl Facts and other links to other places

One member of Proboards offered to come and help me convert, but the work load would be huge and I just don't have the time or energy to do it ... took me close to 18 months of 10 hours a day to get every thing on here into working order to start with ...

My deepest apologies to ALL MEMBERS and really wonderful STAFF on here over the years for your dedication and constant support ... on the 29th April this site will be converted and on the 30th I will be deleting this site and Fowl Facts for all time.

So if anybody wants to copy and paste anything from here please feel free .... this will be your last chance to get the information from this site

Deletion of Happy Hen House and Fowl Facts will be on 30th April 2013

Hugs to all

Sandy xxx

Sandy has been a great support for many and her knowledge and the information in her website will be greatly missed.
I don't know if there will be a chance to find stuff that is cached after Proboards converts so if you are a member, or guest, it will be a last chance to look at this great site.

#109168 - 04/04/13 03:43 PM Re: Happy Hen House closure [Re: Foehn]
Moderator2 Offline
Administrator
Flock Leader

Loc: Eastern USA
I am sorry to hear Sandy's site will be shutting down. I remember Sandy from when she was a regular here in the Classroom. She helped many members here before moving on to start her own poultry site. I do not know how our original forum got archived but here is the site that hosts it way back I checked, Happy Hen House is not archived there. Under FAQ it tells how a site gets archived. From my understanding it is not something you can request but it may be worth a look. If not this one, perhaps ther is an archive site that will capture the forum.

Moderator:  Admin @ The Coop, Foehn