Topic Options
#109531 - 05/03/13 02:25 PM 7 Year Old Standard Bronze Off Her Feed
Nanci Offline
New Egg

Loc: NY
Hello Folks,
I've a 7 year old Standard Bronze who went off her feed 4 days ago. She's been eating the same ration for the last 6 years. The feed is fine as other birds are eating it. She's been living on greens that I've been giving her. What is more perplexing is that her aspect has not changed. She's as perky as always and as of now has not thinned out. The pen is made with natural Locust and I've noticed that she's been eating some of that. I bought new feed today. It's pelleted. The other is crumbles. She pecked at it, for about 6 seconds and then walked away. Any Ideas?

#109532 - 05/03/13 07:21 PM Re: 7 Year Old Standard Bronze Off Her Feed [Re: Nanci]
troyer Offline
Chick

Loc: Pennsylvania
It might just simply be the change from crumbles to pellets. Try feeding the crumbles to her again and see if that is the problem.

#109533 - 05/04/13 04:43 AM Re: 7 Year Old Standard Bronze Off Her Feed [Re: troyer]
Nanci Offline
New Egg

Loc: NY
Hello Troyer,

You misunderstand or perhaps I wasn't clear. She went off her feed while eating crumbles. I tried the pellets just yesterday to see if the new feed would entice her.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Nanci

Moderator:  Admin @ The Coop, Moderator2