Topic Options
#110498 - 08/31/13 11:20 AM Chicken literature
Tubateacher Offline
New Egg

Loc: Swansea
Hello everyone,
I am new to the site Hi,

Can anyone suggest any literature on keeping/breeding chickens?

I find forums a great source of information and experience but would like something I can read when not sat at a computer screen.

What sort of books have people got and read, are there any that you wouldn't be without - the essential chicken keeper's bible!

Would love to know what people suggest as I love a good page turner.

I am a relatively new chicken keeper, still LOTS to learn but also considering breeding, so any books around this sort of topic would be of interest.

Thanks

#110500 - 08/31/13 10:24 PM Re: Chicken literature [Re: Tubateacher]
CJR Online   content
Coop Master

Loc: Montana
Sometimes best information can be a book, if available, about the BREED of chickens you are raising. and Bantams?, Large Fowl?

Some recommend: Gail Damerow, Storey Books, CHICKENS IN YOUR BACKYARD--and later, her book: The CHICKEN HEALTH HANDBOOK. I have given my "early books" as awards at Poultry Shows, and now take books like "GENETICS OF COLOUR" Sigi van Dort, to study while waiting at Drs. Offices or other appointments. We NEVER stop learning--it is a good thing!

Edited by CJR (09/10/13 12:18 PM)

#110679 - 09/30/13 03:16 AM Re: Chicken literature [Re: Tubateacher]
Bonolota
Unregistered

Welcome to the forum from me who is a newbie too! Like you I have also come here to learn about keeping/raising chickens. For keeping chickens, suitable coops are essential. I have been searching for good quality coops. And I have got much information about chicken coops from urbancoopcompany.com/product/round-top-chicken-coop. You may also visit this to have a look. Anyway, I am looking forward to seeing new thread from. Thank you very much.

Moderator:  Admin @ The Coop, Foehn