Topic Options
#11270 - 04/26/05 03:14 AM Green poop
Chicken Man Offline
Coop Keeper

Loc: Canada
HI my friend a has a white rock bantam rooster that is pooping green droppings he is acting fine eating and drinking fine. She hatched chicks for him also and their fine. so whats up with the green.

#11271 - 04/26/05 03:36 AM Re: Green poop
Bill Ludwig Offline
Classroom Professor

Loc: Ohio
Need more info. Is it firm with white caps like normal droppings or is it watery with small greed lumps and runny white mixed in?

Bill L

#11272 - 04/26/05 02:40 PM Re: Green poop
Chicken Man Offline
Coop Keeper

Loc: Canada
It is firm with white caps like normal droppings.

#11273 - 04/26/05 03:00 PM Re: Green poop
Bill Ludwig Offline
Classroom Professor

Loc: Ohio
It is most likely diet related. I wouldn't worry at this point.

Bill L

#11274 - 04/28/05 06:52 AM Re: Green poop
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Guys Yeah the chicken I have been talking about the older one also has some green poop mind you she has had some fresh clipings in the last day also she does eat fresh grash shoots - maybe your chickens are eating that - also we sometimes give our chicken some lettuce this may have an effect.

oh one thing a problem - this afternoon in her poop it was YELLOW - I wonder if it is Corn of HAS SHE HAD A BROKEN EGG INSIDE _ I HOPE NOT _ ALSO TODAY SHE HAS NOT EATEN HARDLY ANYTHING _ TOMMORROW I WILL KEEP AN EYE ON HER _ MIND You.

ANY IDEAS PEOPLE ABOUT YELLO POOP - PLEASE ADVICE THANKS

#11275 - 04/28/05 06:59 AM Re: Green poop
Anonymous
Unregistered

Soory Me again I was reading topic Chicken ppop stuck to vent - yes this chicken too has some dried chicken ppo stuck at her bootom. We have not removed it as yet - it has been there for a couple of Days. I was oping it would go away on its on But I notice what Collective said and what the other lady is doing is washing it off with warm water - I will do this tommorrow morning - but it is a little wet as melbourne weather is rain sun all in one day cold one day hot the next and I will take her into the laundry to do it with a heater on. I realiese I better act Quick.

Has this affected her Poop of being Yellow - ALso she is walking Slowly in the last day - I am worried about picking her up if an egg is inside. Please advise

Moderator:  Admin @ The Coop, Moderator2 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 91 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box