Topic Options
#57542 - 10/04/08 03:53 AM Muscovy Colour
Wyandotte Offline
Feather

Loc: Australia
What is the difference between chocolate and dun colour in Muscovies? Is there anyway of creating a brown colour, whatever you call it in Muscovies?

Thanks,
winedotte

#57543 - 10/04/08 07:19 AM Re: Muscovy Colour
Rusty Hart Offline
Chicken

Loc: Michigan
To get a chocolate Muscovy...you need to have a chocolate or something that carries chocolate. Males can be one color and carry other colors....females are what they are. But...both sexes can carry different patterns in their background if it's in their genetic history...ie..Magpie, Rippled, Barred, Pastel, White Head...etc....At one time I had over 30 mutations and combinations of colors and patterns in Muscovies...it got to be TOO Much!!! Hope this helps, Regards, Rusty

#112824 - 05/29/14 08:49 PM Re: Muscovy Colour [Re: Rusty Hart]
Smooth Mule Offline
Coop Keeper

Loc: Missouri
I know this is a very old thread but I'd like to revive it to discuss Muscovy color genetics, learn about duck down color as it relates to mature feathering and learn more about breeding to perfect color.

#113063 - 08/13/14 06:52 AM Re: Muscovy Colour [Re: Smooth Mule]
OmegaBlueFarms Offline
Chick

Loc: Vancouver Island
Got any specific questions? Could write a book on the topic but don't think this would be the best place to publish it, LOL.

As for initial question, I'm not aware of a dun gene in muscovies, but maybe if a picture was given, I could deduce the genetics.

www.OmegaBlueFarms.ca

Moderator:  Admin @ The Coop, Wieslaw