Topic Options
#113536 - 01/09/15 03:19 PM lavender indian game/ cornish
coldfish Offline
Feather

Loc: australia
I have been working on lavender indian game for a few years now. was a member under a different name for many years but somehow found I could not get back into the group so had to change my name. I suppose I will be booted again now. here are some of my photos of this particular Indian project over the last few years:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/54516384@N02/sets/72157633093215840/

not being active for so long I have to relearn how to use the forum. this is just a test to restart myself. lavender indian game

Edited by coldfish (01/09/15 03:20 PM)

#113537 - 01/09/15 03:25 PM Re: lavender indian game/ cornish [Re: coldfish]
coldfish Offline
Feather

the reason why I have decided to post was because I have just had a heap of topic notifications come in on "pink again" so I thought I would give an example of pink. something I have chatted about under my previous identity here. not sure why I suddenly got notifications from the site. maybe I will get active again as I saw lots of things I could answer with photos, like silver reds.

#113565 - 01/11/15 07:52 AM Re: lavender indian game/ cornish [Re: coldfish]
Hen-Gen Online   content
Ruler of the Roost

Loc: Island of Fetlar, Shetland
Very impressive, coldfish. I like the fact that they have the 'production quality' appearance which is now more characteristic of the Ixworth rather than the exaggerated, some would say deformed, look of the Exhibition Indian Game. Lilac is a colour that I have long admired and it looks good on these. Did you have any problems with the feather structure that so often bedevils breeders of the lilac varieties?

#113570 - 01/11/15 04:35 PM Re: lavender indian game/ cornish [Re: Hen-Gen]
coldfish Offline
Feather

the last thing I want is these birds to look like the blob muscovey duck style of the modern indian game along with all the health and physical defects. they disgust me but typical of this modern world of extremism....and the views of a few who dominate the overall view and ignorance of the public.

the colour is lavender. it is the recessive lavender gene. one would like to change the name at times due to the inability of the macho world to be able to say the word.

yes it has it's defects and this is the first time I have had the defect moving into the pullets but could be helpful in working out the true reason for them.

#113574 - 01/12/15 03:16 AM Re: lavender indian game/ cornish [Re: coldfish]
Hen-Gen Online   content
Ruler of the Roost

Loc: Island of Fetlar, Shetland
Agree totally.
I don't know why I called them lilac. I know it's the recessive lav gene allele.
I'd actually been looking at an American goose breeders site earlier in the day where a combo of buff and blue in the same variety of American Goose is termed lilac. Put it down to lack of concentration/premature senility! crazy

#113575 - 01/12/15 03:20 AM Re: lavender indian game/ cornish [Re: Hen-Gen]
coldfish Offline
Feather

LOL. forgiven.

Moderator:  Admin @ The Coop, Wieslaw