Topic Options
#115122 - 11/12/15 02:39 PM Ill 16 1/2 yr old gander
LadyHayley Offline
New Egg

Loc: Arizona
My gander got an eye infection on October 27 this year. I took him to my vet, she put him on Ciprofloxacin eye drops 3x daily for 14 days. Two days later on the 29th he started to hold the eye closed, and had a sound of congestion in his throat. I took him back to the vet, she put him on an anti-inflammatory/pain eyedrops med 1x daily for 5 days, also on Baytril injections 1x daily for 14 days, there was no congestion in his lungs/air sacks.The eye infection cleared up, no discharge or watery. A day before the infection started I noticed his eye was a solid grey in color with no sight. The eye is still that color and no sight. The congestion is still in the throat. The right eye has a small cataract, he still has vision in that eye. He eats and drinks as normal. When just setting ( not eating or drinking) when he swallows he does so about 3-4 times as if he's having a hard time. No problem eating or drinking. My vet has called 3 avain vets to confer with them, as they are 2 hrs away. What could possibly be wrong with my baby. I have had hiim since he was 7 days old. Could somebody please help us. Thank you.

#115143 - 11/15/15 07:14 AM Re: Ill 16 1/2 yr old gander [Re: LadyHayley]
Robbie Offline
Flock Leader

Loc: Ontario Canada
Hope your gander is better. I have no experience with geese, but is it possible that he has a crop blockage?

Moderator:  Admin @ The Coop, Moderator2