Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#116730 - 07/03/17 04:17 PM Re: Barring on Euskal Oiloa chickens (Basque) [Re: Wieslaw]
SKGray21 Offline
Bantam

Loc: Kauai, HI, USA
Photobucket messed up my album with my game bantam pics and they were all gone from my library, support was no help. I had linked directly to the images in my thread so the images didn't disappear. I switched to flickr after that.

#116742 - 07/08/17 02:22 PM Re: Barring on Euskal Oiloa chickens (Basque) [Re: SKGray21]
KazJaps Offline
Classroom Professor

Loc: Australia
Wieslaw,

I got the first Photobucket email warning today that I had to upgrade to their plus 500 plan (which costs US $399) for any 3rd party hosting of images (eg posting img tags in forums). Didn't give me 24 hrs before their extortion threat was executed.

P.s. - they haven't crippled (as yet) showing thumbnails. So if you put th_ in front of the image file name, at least you can see a smaller version of the image.

Eg, Wieslaw, to show your profile /avatar image, you can use the following url address in img tags (notice how I changed the image file name from male.jpg to th_male.jpg):

Code:
[img]http://i834.photobucket.com/albums/zz261/wieslawl59/Rhododendrons/th_male.jpg[/img]

------------------------------
I'll be moving my images to another image webhost. But unfortunately I won't be able to edit / correct previous Photobucket image links here at The Coop in old threads (due to no admin access to old posts to change broken links).

#116748 - 07/16/17 02:06 PM Re: Barring on Euskal Oiloa chickens (Basque) [Re: KazJaps]
Wieslaw Offline
Classroom Professor

Loc: Denmark
I will be moving my images too, the worst thing is I do not have much time at the moment. There is a strong sense of panic on the Internet that the whole thing can collapse any minute. I think millions of people are trying to retrieve their pictures at the same time, so it is even slower than before.

Kazjaps, I think your pictures are too important to be lost, as many of the old valuable threads would be much less useful without them. If you want I will post on the moderator lounge to grant you the access. Of course nobody will expect you to repair all of them overnight, but nice and slowly during long winter nights?

#117188 - 06/20/18 04:58 AM Re: Barring on Euskal Oiloa chickens (Basque) [Re: Wieslaw]
naquerano Offline
New Egg

Loc: spain
Barring on Euskal Oiloa is sex linked. Sure.

The correct name for the barred gold wheaten columbia variety is "Marraduna", not marrunda.

#117195 - 06/25/18 02:28 PM Re: Barring on Euskal Oiloa chickens (Basque) [Re: naquerano]
Wieslaw Offline
Classroom Professor

Loc: Denmark
Thank you for the correction and welcome to the coop. I hope you stay longer as we have some holes in our knowledge of some Spanish breeds.

Off topic
Since the Photobucket closed their services for 3rd party linking, I have been regularly receiving new mails from them with new offers. I have been busy with my new job so I did not follow the offers, but if I recall correctly one of them said 100 dollars(initially 399 dollars).

#117203 - 06/27/18 09:59 AM Re: Barring on Euskal Oiloa chickens (Basque) [Re: Wieslaw]
KazJaps Offline
Classroom Professor

Loc: Australia
Off topic...
I was slow to realise that Photobucket is up and running again, they have reversed the cripple on 3rd party linking.
Lol, now I have to change all the thumbnails to full size images.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin @ The Coop, Henk69 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 70 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box