Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#116811 - 09/05/17 12:04 AM Pattern Combinations
Hen-Gen Offline
Ruler of the Roost

Loc: Island of Fetlar, Shetland
I know that, allegedly, the combination of mottling and lacing gives rise to the tolbunt pattern . And barring and mottling give the 55 flowery Leghorn pattern.. Does anyone know what barring and lacing combined would look like?

Edited by Hen-Gen (09/05/17 11:32 AM)

#116812 - 09/05/17 01:53 PM Re: Pattern Combinations [Re: Hen-Gen]
Wieslaw Offline
Classroom Professor

Loc: Denmark
I don't know about lacing, but once I had a cock with big spangles on his breast(like in Silver Spangled Hamburg), and they were clearly barred .There was a picture of him in this forum(before photobucket took it down)

#116814 - 09/07/17 08:14 AM Re: Pattern Combinations [Re: Wieslaw]
Hen-Gen Offline
Ruler of the Roost

Interesting Wieslaw. In this case then it would appear that the barring gene only expressed on the areas of eumelanisation. Since I have Dominiques but plan to interbreed with some Silver Laced Wyandottes in order to introduce some genetic diversity then this original question is clearly something I could explore.

#116817 - 09/09/17 03:24 PM Re: Pattern Combinations [Re: Hen-Gen]
Redcap Offline
Ruler of the Roost

Loc: Germany

#116818 - 09/09/17 08:13 PM Re: Pattern Combinations [Re: Redcap]
CJR Online   content
Coop Master

Loc: Montana
Sigrid van Dort posted pictures of "candy corn" pattern on Facebook a few days ago. Sorry that I cannot tell more, but she produced them and is Geneticist, publisher of poultry books.

#116831 - 09/26/17 01:25 PM Re: Pattern Combinations [Re: Hen-Gen]
Canuck_Bock_RAT Offline
Chicken

Loc: Alberta, Canada
Heel low:

Originally Posted By: Hen-Gen
I know that, allegedly, the combination of mottling and lacing gives rise to the tolbunt pattern . And barring and mottling give the 55 flowery Leghorn pattern.. Does anyone know what barring and lacing combined would look like?

I sure do! When bantamizing my Chantecler large fowl...I produced some lovely barred and laced chooks. The one blue pullet had starbursts on the tips of her laced feathers...I could have sold her a million times over, eh! crazy

How does one post photos now on here and I will show you. grin

Otherwise, e-mail me at ratranch AT telusplanet DOT net and I'll just send you a good ol' e-mail of them.

Doggone & Chicken Up!

Tara Lee Higgins
Higgins Rat Ranch Conservation Farm

#116834 - 09/27/17 01:42 AM Re: Pattern Combinations [Re: Canuck_Bock_RAT]
KazJaps Offline
Classroom Professor

Loc: Australia
Tara Lee,
I'm using imgur.com for images now. Found it quite easy (& fast, not bombarded with ads like Photobucket).

Another image hosting website is Flickr. I didn't like its sign-up process (personal details required, etc), annoying its connection to Yahoo, & didn't like the messy (& pushy) website design.
----------------

This young pullet was autosomal barred & mottled in one, but unfortunately can't see much mottling in photos (developing on the breast). She was quite melanised on the neck & head too. Makes you wonder, if Pg-Db is autosomal barred, Pg-Ml-Db is spangled, then she is....?

They were crossbred d'Uccles. Got a pair, the cockerel was turning more black-tailed orange, barring diminishing with age. Sadly both died young, were sick when I got them (only pair the breeder had, thought I'd try to save them). I never saw autosomal barred segregate in any other d'Uccles, except a few temporary juvenile buttercup-like feathers, these as adults turning out buff columbian base.

#116836 - 09/27/17 02:27 AM Re: Pattern Combinations [Re: KazJaps]
Hen-Gen Offline
Ruler of the Roost

Now then Tara,
Couldn't get your email addy to work. Mine is:-
poultryzen@btinternet.com

#116838 - 09/28/17 10:38 AM Re: Pattern Combinations [Re: KazJaps]
Canuck_Bock_RAT Offline
Chicken

Loc: Alberta, Canada
Originally Posted By: KazJaps
Tara Lee,
I'm using imgur.com for images now. Found it quite easy (& fast, not bombarded with ads like Photobucket).

Another image hosting website is Flickr. I didn't like its sign-up process (personal details required, etc), annoying its connection to Yahoo, & didn't like the messy (& pushy) website design.

Tried the first one, imgur but not loading photos (says images are loading but goes nowhere after that?) so will try again in a few days. Thanks for the suggestion! grin

Originally Posted By: Hen-Gen
Now then Tara,
Couldn't get your email addy to work. Mine is:-
poultryzen@btinternet.com

Sent you a private e-mail (you are about seven hours ahead in time than I?). I will try posting some of the photos I sent you on here when I can upload the files some place, eh. Pointless otherwise...

One photo that I have shows male with laced chest and cuckoo/barred hackle.

Patiently waiting, wink

Tara

#116844 - 09/29/17 01:56 AM Re: Pattern Combinations [Re: Canuck_Bock_RAT]
Hen-Gen Offline
Ruler of the Roost

.................. and patiently received, thanks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin @ The Coop, Henk69