Topic Options
#117010 - 02/10/18 09:55 PM What do you make of this hens color?
Smooth Mule Offline
Coop Keeper

Loc: Missouri
The hen has some Fibro, some Grey Jungle Fowl, some Easter Egger (lays a blue egg) I didn't raise her but I got her from a friend who had borrowed some of my Tomaru.

He told me she was Dun. I'm not sure what to think. I have her with my grey JF cross male right now. Her egg is a nice a nice blue color. I think I may put her with one of my solid black roosters and see what that produces too. The color is a dirty white with both gold leakage and a bit of what "does" look like Dun. Very confusing.

#117011 - 02/10/18 10:07 PM Re: What do you make of this hens color? [Re: Smooth Mule]
Smooth Mule Offline
Coop Keeper

#117012 - 02/11/18 06:48 AM Re: What do you make of this hens color? [Re: Smooth Mule]
Wieslaw Offline
Classroom Professor

Loc: Denmark
To begin with, I know absolutely NOTHING about crossings with grey jungle fowl, and Easter Egger can mean anything. Ask your friend if dominant white can be excluded.

As far as dun is concerned, I have seen so many versions of it, that I do not know which is pure dun on black.

I have also googled khaki color. It showed me practically every color from green, gray, brown, through Sahara sand, off-white to practically orange and coffee with milk. ALL CALLED KHAKI.

#117018 - 02/18/18 08:16 AM Re: What do you make of this hens color? [Re: Wieslaw]
Smooth Mule Offline
Coop Keeper

I know, lol. Was hoping someone with a better eye than I (pun intended) could expound

Moderator:  Admin @ The Coop, Henk69 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 39 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box