Topic Options
#117025 - 02/22/18 01:42 AM How could we breath life into this forum again?
Redcap Online   content
Ruler of the Roost

Loc: Germany
I thought the few remaining writers and readers could collect some ideas, how we could revitalize this Forum.
My main idea would be an email to all registered Users.
I think this Forum has started some time ... it should be possible to restart it again.
Probably it would be necessary, that the genetic area is "closed" for non-registered readers and Users who were non-active e.g. for more than 6 months.
I think it is not acceptable, that people collect knowledge here to carry it to other Forums, without contributing here.
An other way to make the wealth of knowledge available on a "fair trade basis" could be to take money.
This would be also an option to finance the future of the Forum and the change to another safer and more comfortable Forum Software.
This Forum is an example with paying members. They were using my favorite Forum Software Invision Power Board in the past, but changed to the free Forum MyBB.
http://www.poultrychat.com/showthread.php?tid=16752

#117026 - Yesterday at 09:49 PM Re: How could we breath life into this forum again? [Re: Redcap]
CJR Online   content
Coop Master

Loc: Montana
Hope for some response! This forum has given so much to many.

#117027 - Today at 10:16 AM Re: How could we breath life into this forum again? [Re: CJR]
Moderator2 Online   content
Administrator
Flock Leader

Loc: Eastern USA
You are correct that we get thousands of views from non-members. I can make individual forums not viewable for non-members. I would want to keep forums such as health and management open to all in order to help those who are new to poultry and unsure of what they need to be doing.

I would like to hear suggestions on this. Should we close forums to non-members and if so, which forums?

I will look into our ability to email members in mass in order to invited them to come back. I would like suggestions on what we would say to them.

I am open to other suggestions.

As I have told you all before, I am limited in what I can do. If it can be done through the control panel I can do it but many thing I do not have access to and the board owner I have not spoken with in years, yes I said years!

Many thanks to those who are still here and active!

Edited by Moderator2 (Today at 02:53 PM)

Moderator:  Admin @ The Coop, Moderator2