Topic Options
#117538 - 01/28/21 06:57 PM Chick down color - partridge?
RyanZierke Offline
Chicken

Loc: Minnesota
The parent birds hatched with the typical e+ striped pattern and don't seem to have any additional modifiers.

About 25% of their offspring hatch with this color. Is this eb or something else?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/i7vaCJ33udmhTUgU6

#117539 - 01/30/21 11:06 AM Re: Chick down color - partridge or something else? [Re: RyanZierke]
Wieslaw Offline
Classroom Professor

Loc: Denmark
These types of chicken down are a little difficult to determine with certainty, as there are several genotypes that give similar stripes. It is not a pure eb alone at any rate (as it is uniform brown) but with something additional like Pg. Theoretical possibilities: ebc?

#117540 - 02/05/21 10:38 PM Re: Chick down color - partridge or something else? [Re: Wieslaw]
RyanZierke Offline
Chicken

Loc: Minnesota
Thanks Wieslaw,

I forgot to mention that my birds have some White Silkie in them. I have seen pictures of partridge Silkie chicks that look very similar so I assume that whatever I'm seeing is the same thing. What's odd is that I've hatched well over 100 chicks and none of them have had the typical eb coloring. If the parent birds do have Pg, they would have to be only heterozygous for it, so I would expect to get some solid color partridge chicks?

Moderator:  Admin @ The Coop, Henk69 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 74 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box