Topic Options
#15621 - 09/18/03 07:12 PM mushrooms
Anonymous
Unregistered

my girls are let out to free range about 1 hr before bed time. They just love it and I love to watch them run around the back yard. I am kind of a protective mom so I hang out with them most of the time they are out :rolleyes: .Lots and lots of wing flapping with the chicken run thing. the head down and level to the ground. Very funny. Anyhow - back to my question. I have seen them eating different mushrooms that grow in the yard and I just panic as I don't want anybody to get sick. So far so good. But I am woried that somebody will eat a bad one. Are some mushrooms poisonous to chickens. confused

#15622 - 09/18/03 07:58 PM Re: mushrooms
Ratbird Offline
Flock Leader

Loc: California
I am not sure which are or are not but mushrooms are definately very chemically active and even small doses to a human can be deadly of some varieties.

Are they eating an amount of them or just "tasting" them? If things are bad, they don't normally go back to munching on them.

Not much advice sorry. It's a toughie. And even if they are not good, how do you stop them from eating them? Mushrooms pop up over night with the right weather.

Moderator:  Admin @ The Coop, Moderator2