Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#18841 - 02/28/05 04:41 PM Re: Chicken with Broken Beak Please Help our Pet
HD Chick Offline
Chicken

Loc: Wyoming
Bella that little red hen is very lucky to have you laugh I don't think we have to worry to much about her situation with you around.
You just keep her on mash (adding water to layer pellets) and she will do just fine with the egg laying, rice and other stuff is a treat, you can't live on treats and be healty nor can she.
Is she a "Battery Hen", meaning did you rescue her from an Egg Producing Farm or something)? They trim and sometimes way to much.
What's her name? Looks like a Rhode Island Red.

#18842 - 02/28/05 04:48 PM Re: Chicken with Broken Beak Please Help our Pet
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thank you But we have not named our chickens yet and i have no idea what type of chickens they are. All I can say they are the most adorable creatures I have come to love.

Thanks I will not feed her rice today

only food and water

#18843 - 02/28/05 05:04 PM Re: Chicken with Broken Beak Please Help our Pet
HD Chick Offline
Chicken

Loc: Wyoming
Still wondering where you got her from? If they all look like her then I would say their Rhode Island Reds, pretty common bird for Battery Farms too.

#18844 - 02/28/05 05:12 PM Re: Chicken with Broken Beak Please Help our Pet
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sorry got her form a produce store

#18845 - 03/06/05 06:29 PM Re: Chicken with Broken Beak Please Help our Pet
Anonymous
Unregistered

NEED HELP AGAIN PLEASE - Hi people it is me again - Bill has been great and I believe he is on Holidays SO I NEED ANOTHER EXPERT FOR HELP WHILE HE IS AWAY PLEASE - I needs some help for my DEBEAKED Chicken AGAIN - I am giving her COD LIVER OIL on grain bread every other day - she only eats at night is eating food ( I do think in our mix we have too much corn - they guy put too much in their I am buying plain pullets today to mix in)- I think she is not FULLY ok.

She has not layed an egg in over a week and it seems she has a funny bubble COUGH - she also seems to have BUBBLES come from her broken BEAK -DOES anyone KNOW OF THIS HAPPENING - IS SHE OK or DO I NEED TO DO SOMETHING FAST - I DONT CARE ABOUT THE EGGS BBUT I WANT HER TO BE WELL. BY the wway whether here in AUS is hot but the last couple of days had some rain - however she has had the bubble cough for approx 5 days we think not too sure. Thanks everybody

I am looking forward to your advice

#18846 - 03/06/05 06:31 PM Re: Chicken with Broken Beak Please Help our Pet
Anonymous
Unregistered

NEED HELP AGAIN PLEASE - Hi people it is me again - Bill has been great and I believe he is on Holidays SO I NEED ANOTHER EXPERT FOR HELP WHILE HE IS AWAY PLEASE - I needs some help for my DEBEAKED Chicken AGAIN - I am giving her COD LIVER OIL on grain bread every other day - she only eats at night is eating food ( I do think in our mix we have too much corn - they guy put too much in their I am buying plain pullets today to mix in)- I think she is not FULLY ok.

She has not layed an egg in over a week and it seems she has a funny bubble COUGH - she also seems to have BUBBLES come from her broken BEAK -DOES anyone KNOW OF THIS HAPPENING - IS SHE OK or DO I NEED TO DO SOMETHING FAST - I DONT CARE ABOUT THE EGGS BBUT I WANT HER TO BE WELL. BY the wway whether here in AUS is hot but the last couple of days had some rain - however she has had the bubble cough for approx 5 days we think not too sure. Thanks everybody

I am looking forward to your advice

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin @ The Coop, Moderator2