Topic Options
#20082 - 11/17/02 05:09 PM yet another problem...
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've got a chicken that has been hiding out on the highest roosting bar all day, and has a yellow, sort of pasty manure stuck to her feathers. She also has a really sickly sweet smell around her. I know teramycin is a second generation antibiotic, but i gave it to her anyway to be on the safe side. has any one had something similiar to this? I had a chicken that had that kind of diarreah, and she laid funny eggs for three weeks afterwards. I just cleaned out some wet sawdust, after it had been on the floor for about six hours, and the chickens like to pick through the wet stuff. :rolleyes: I really would appreciate any advice you could give me!

#20083 - 11/18/02 06:12 AM Re: yet another problem...
Graciel Offline
Coop Keeper

Loc: New York
Maybe Thrush? I don't know. Thrush would be a fungal disease, and I've never seen it only heard about it. Gives you something to check on, though. Wish I could do more. If you don't get more help here the folks at The Poultry Connection have good answers on health problems sometimes. http://www.poultryconnection.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=2/

Jennifer

#20084 - 11/18/02 03:26 PM Re: yet another problem...
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think it could be some sort of virus going around, but i'll try the treatment for thrush that an earlier poster gave me. Thanks for your advice!

Moderator:  Admin @ The Coop, Moderator2