Topic Options
#229 - 11/20/03 04:47 PM seaweed---kelp
Rob2 Offline
Classroom Professor

Loc: Pennsylvania
Cant find that thread. If whomever was interested in this as a supplement, I found in my ACRES book catalog 3 books on using seaweed as feed and soil supplement. PM me if you want more info.

#230 - 11/20/03 08:34 PM Re: seaweed---kelp
Sally Offline
Coop Keeper

Loc: Florida
HEY ROB, I'M NOT SURE WHAT YOU FOUND BUT WE SELL A PRODUCT CALLED "SOURCE" AT OUR FEEDSTORE THAT IS BASED FROM SEAKELP AND IS EXTREMELY USEFUL AND ADVANTAGEOUS TO ALL TYPES OF LIVESTOCK INCLUDING POULTRY.
IT IS ALSO MUCH MORE AFFORDABLE THAN AT HEALTH FOOD STORES ETC.

#231 - 11/21/03 11:23 AM Re: seaweed---kelp
Anonymous
Unregistered

SALLY! Maybe you can help me out here. I feed a basic layer ration to my flock and I've recently purchased some kelp meal (Fertrell) for them. The nutrient analysis states that it's 4% crude protein (lower than I expected) so I'm going to boost the protein by increasing the flax that I feed them. I don't want to get their feed unbalanced as to the fats and trace minerals etc., so I'm trying to find a complete analysis of the kelp (I did finally find one for the flax!) And do you have a recommendation for the maximum amount of kelp to feed? My birds are all Red S-Ls and I raise them for egg production in a day range model.

TIA

Bill
Granger Twp, Ohio

Moderator:  Admin @ The Coop, Foehn