Page 10 of 12 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 >
Topic Options
#26081 - 06/17/09 02:57 AM Re: Uncommon epistatics/dominance ,Genetics Calculator
Sigi Offline
Ruler of the Roost

Loc: Holland
Will there be the link on the old address.
The calculator is mentioned in the book!

#26082 - 06/17/09 03:26 AM Re: Uncommon epistatics/dominance ,Genetics Calculator
Henk69 Online   content
Classroom Professor

Loc: Netherlands
OK, the new webspace is available at

http://kippenjungle.nl/Overzicht.htm

#26083 - 06/17/09 03:33 AM Re: Uncommon epistatics/dominance ,Genetics Calculator
Henk69 Online   content
Classroom Professor

Quote:
Originally posted by Sigi:
Will there be the link on the old address.
The calculator is mentioned in the book!
The old webspace has not yet been cancelled and (very) maybe I won't do that at all.
I will give a note to re-bookmark for at least half a year.
Very unfortunate, but they leave me no choice.
I only get 22 Mb webspace and they are very incompetent for too much money.
Don't forget your links on chickencolours.com and tuinvee.nl

#26084 - 07/20/09 01:04 PM Re: Uncommon epistatics/dominance ,Genetics Calculator
Henk69 Online   content
Classroom Professor

Hi,

On the overview page I made a little introduction/overview of chicken color genetics:
http://kippenjungle.nl/basisEN.htm#kipkleurEN

#26085 - 07/25/09 06:15 AM Re: Uncommon epistatics/dominance ,Genetics Calculator
Henk69 Online   content
Classroom Professor

Oops,

Major bugs in the crossing over chicken calculator fixed.

#26086 - 08/30/09 09:07 AM Re: Uncommon epistatics/dominance ,Genetics Calculator
Henk69 Online   content
Classroom Professor

Hi,

I improved the crossing over chicken calculator.
It has a color code visualisation of how the linked genes are affected by crossing over.
Percentages and comments/hint texts in the Punnett square plus a default filter that only shows genes that are not set to wildtype.
This filter is also built in the other chicken calculators' punnett squares.

Due to many complaints about the original chicken calculator being dutch or german or not english I removed/hid the dutch text as far as possible.

#26087 - 12/16/09 03:13 AM Re: Uncommon epistatics/dominance ,Genetics Calculator
Henk69 Online   content
Classroom Professor

I didn't tell you about this new approach to the chicken calculator yet.
This one is a "determination table" asking question by question about the parent chickens' genotype that you want to cross and predict the outcome of.
It is a lengthy expedition hence I call it "Chicken Quest".
I borrowed some pictures from Kazjap's genetic website and Feathersite to illustrate.
Hope you like it and note that there is room for improvement (as always).

http://kippenjungle.nl/determinator/chickenquest.php?mgt=&fgt=

Any comment welcome.

For the die hards. You are able to make a determination table yourself on line on any subject. If you want to make additional keys, eg about legg color or egg shell color, just yell... wink

#88341 - 02/25/10 01:55 AM Re: Uncommon epistatics/dominance ,Genetics Calculator [Re: Henk69]
Henk69 Online   content
Classroom Professor

I resisted a long time, but now I finally made a chicken breed database to do some fun stuff with.

The first application enables you to pick two parents of said breeds and plug them into the new chicken calculator. I also submitted some breed specific colors like Sussex light. If no color is listed, you can go to the browse tabpages to select one.

http://kippenjungle.nl/breeds/crossbreeds.html

The second application is a so called breed selector. This came up on another chicken board. I hacked into the kippenencyclopedie wiki that has a lot of beautiful pictures of the breeds in most standard and new colors.

http://kippenjungle.nl/breeds/selectbreeds.html

Give it a spin and tell me what you think. wink

#92547 - 11/10/10 05:04 AM Re: Uncommon epistatics/dominance ,Genetics Calculator [Re: Henk69]
Henk69 Online   content
Classroom Professor

Hi,

I am working on a new generation of genetic calculators.
Personal goal was to write in object oriented manner, flexible, unlimited.
Also I want to hook these pages into my database at kippenjungle for storage of all the (eg. your personal) complex settings, animal pool (for coefficient of inbreeding) etc...
Once you have an account you can make your own (versions of) calculators, store your actual calculations, animals.
These are future features.

This demo is not very fine tuned on anything but implements:
Chicken colorgenes
CO => Crossing-Over of Db-Ml-Pg
WC => Wildcards (finally, but still don't like 'm wink )
COI=> Coefficient of Inbreeding plus Pedigree
(And no stupid pictures or punnet squares)

http://kippenjungle.nl/CCOOP/chickenCOWCCOI.html

Due to Crossing-over it is not too fast on simple crosses.
Hope you like where I want to go.

#92731 - 11/17/10 07:20 AM Re: Uncommon epistatics/dominance ,Genetics Calculator [Re: Henk69]
KazJaps Offline
Classroom Professor

Loc: Australia
Of course, I like smile

So, is the final version going to be like the COI pedigree log-in ones, where the user can store all details in your database? I.e., in the final version, I could store COI, pedigrees with individual bird genotypes, over generations? But I imagine it will it be more automated than the php COI one, ie store calculation details, COI, pedigrees, genotypes from running this new genetics calculator? That would be a great tool for keeping track of COI, bird genotypes (& animal pool), pedigrees, with breeding programs.

Great idea wink

Page 10 of 12 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 >

Moderator:  Admin @ The Coop, Henk69 
Who's Online
1 registered (Henk69), 16 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box