Page 6 of 12 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 12 >
Topic Options
#26041 - 05/02/08 03:43 PM Re: Uncommon epistatics/dominance ,Genetics Calculator
Sigi Offline
Ruler of the Roost

Loc: Holland
Thanks Henk, I'm stupid and lazy or in other words selective intelligent but that's a rare condition, lol

Let those folks read my booklet and they will understand all.
Guess they're lazy and stupid too, ha ha ha (the dalay lama says).

kiss, kiss

#26042 - 05/03/08 12:59 AM Re: Uncommon epistatics/dominance ,Genetics Calculator
Henk69 Offline
Classroom Professor

Loc: Netherlands
You mean "east indian" ... (sorry folks, dutch insider humor)

Is it available again?

#26043 - 05/03/08 02:53 AM Re: Uncommon epistatics/dominance ,Genetics Calculator
Sigi Offline
Ruler of the Roost

Loc: Holland
'east indian' is fake deaf just because it suits you. On the internet reading is hearing and writing is speaking. Like capitals are shouting.

Yes I printed a small run of 10 copies and will print a larger one (50) next or over-next week.

Working on the English language website chickencolours.com that will be ready in a few weeks (paypal, ordering forms etc) on which the English eBook will be available. Later the resellers addresses will be found on it too from the real printed book. Bought a new super duper laptop (4 Gb memory - HP Pavilion dv9000 its faster than my Mac G5!) for distributing serialnumbers and activation keys (must be processed by software real time) because the eBook is secured and copy protected.

I don't know when the printed English book is available in Aus, US and UK, perhaps end of the Summer. I have to find distribution addresses but can start with that when chickencolours.com in online to show where its all about.
There's a special page about the chicken colour calculator with a link in both books. So you keep it working!
Sigi

PS perhaps its interesting to start advertisements on that site because when you generate too much traffic your host will start to grumble, lol

#26044 - 05/03/08 03:33 AM Re: Uncommon epistatics/dominance ,Genetics Calculator
Henk69 Offline
Classroom Professor

The space on the page is cramped as it is already... wink

Any tips for a free counter without pop-ups and other disadvantages?

#26045 - 05/03/08 09:03 AM Re: Uncommon epistatics/dominance ,Genetics Calculator
CJR Online   content
Coop Master

Loc: Montana
I would like the Dutch copy, but will be patient for the English edition. This is excitement, suspense, and anticipation!! CJR

#26046 - 05/03/08 09:54 AM Re: Uncommon epistatics/dominance ,Genetics Calculator
Norwegian Offline
Coop Keeper

Loc: Norway
smile Me too - I'm just hanging around waiting for the english printed version!

#26047 - 05/12/08 06:15 AM Re: Uncommon epistatics/dominance ,Genetics Calculator
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm so happy to learn about chickencolours.com, congratulations Sigi. I've been longing for your book for some months now, it's good to know that everything is falling into place to distribute your book to as many chicken fanciers in the world as possible. The English version sounds very attractive, according to the advertisement on tuinvee.nl smile
And Henk, I'm still available if you need to update anything in the French parts of your calculator. I really appreciate the latest improvements, by the way. wink

#26048 - 05/12/08 11:43 AM Re: Uncommon epistatics/dominance ,Genetics Calculator
Henk69 Offline
Classroom Professor

Thank you, Alice smile

#26049 - 05/27/08 11:07 AM Re: Uncommon epistatics/dominance ,Genetics Calculator
Henk69 Offline
Classroom Professor

Update,

Added a new feature to the chicken composer calculator.
There are browse buttons for rooster and hen.
When you move through the first 2 lists (ground color and patterncolor) the pictures, that are revealed by the browse button and represent the patterns in the third list, should change. Might not perform well. Click picture to choose.

I am still not happy by the way that people new to our field can't find their colors of interest...

#26050 - 06/21/08 01:41 AM Re: Uncommon epistatics/dominance ,Genetics Calculator
Henk69 Offline
Classroom Professor

Update once more,

Good news for complex calculations:
I did some performance tuning, things go faster now.
Plus: there is a progress indication (updates when you get the alert that asks if you want to continue). Not very luxurious but it might help.

Golden tip for FIREFOX users:
You can increase the maximum script runtime (everytime it is passed you get the alert that asks if you want to continue...) by typing in the address:
about:config
then in the filter field enter: max
You can change the value for dom.max_script_run_time from 10 seconds to 120 or so.
Close browser. Restart browser. Done.

For Internet Explorer see:
http://www.beatingbonuses.com/scriptwarning.htm

Page 6 of 12 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 12 >

Moderator:  Admin @ The Coop, Henk69 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 73 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box