Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#42733 - 04/04/07 05:55 AM Re: Please Welcome this Newbie Family Farm to hatching eggs and brooding
Susie Offline
Lord of the Fowl

Loc: Arkansas
Have fun with the hatch! It's very exciting to watch.

#42734 - 04/04/07 06:32 AM Re: Please Welcome this Newbie Family Farm to hatching eggs and brooding
Anonymous
Unregistered

Day 20...9am
First chick, out of 8 pipped eggs, has arrived and is peeping like crazy! It's a wonderful site! Wish us luck for the next fews days to come.

#42735 - 04/05/07 12:16 AM Re: Please Welcome this Newbie Family Farm to hatching eggs and brooding
Krystall Offline
Feather

Loc: Arizona
Good Luck and keep us posted!!

We too have eggs incubating- although ours are under our Bantam Cochin hen Snowbell! We are only on Day 5- they're "due" April 21st!!

Anyhow, what breed(s) are you hatching?

#42736 - 04/05/07 04:50 AM Re: Please Welcome this Newbie Family Farm to hatching eggs and brooding
Jocelyn Offline
Lord of the Fowl

Loc: Canada
Wait a few days for the stragglers...dark in there and the chicks can't read the directions..grin. Sometimes you still get chciks on day 23 or so.

#42737 - 04/07/07 05:36 AM Re: Please Welcome this Newbie Family Farm to hatching eggs and brooding
Anonymous
Unregistered

Today we are cleaning the incubator gearing up for our next hatch. We had 12 healthy little chicks! I want to thank everyone that had any input for us and even if you didn't your thoughts and prayers were very welcomed!

We have cross breeds of 2 different hens(NH Reds and Comets) with 2 different roosters(Aracauna cross and Comet cross).

We are hoping as we get better hatches to start buying some pure breeds and start hatching them. Right now we just use our own(FREE..lol), so we feel if it doesn't cost us much during our trial and error period. I hope that didn't sound cruel.

Thank you and god bless everyone. I will keep updating.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin @ The Coop, Moderator2