Topic Options
#45180 - 03/27/05 03:16 PM thermal into forced air with my own fan
Jo Jo Offline
Flock Leader

Loc: Massachusetts
Can someone give me a brief physical description of the fan unit available to turn a thermal bator into a force air bator? Where does it mount? What size is the fan? What direction does it push the air?

I have a thermal hovabator. I also have several very small electronics fans. I am pretty certain that I can rig the fans to operate via battery, and I would enclose the moving parts in that plastic craft mesh.

I have never seen the actual unit that one can purchase, and am curious (and cheap!) I think this might help my hatch rate.

Thanks, as always!
-jo

#45181 - 03/27/05 04:44 PM Re: thermal into forced air with my own fan
Bill Ludwig Offline
Classroom Professor

Loc: Ohio
jo

Look in helpful links, there is a link to Hovabator. You can view a fan and the bators for ideas. The fan mounts top center and blows out not down. A new fan kit is only $23 but I too am cheap and like the challenge of making things myself. One problem with using batteries, the fan cycles with the thermostat. Believe it or not but the temp stays more even that way. I know because I thought I could improve on it but the temp swings increased with a constant fan. Good luck!

Bill L

Moderator:  Admin @ The Coop, Moderator2