Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#46546 - 02/05/07 10:58 AM Re: Nearing the hatch (gosling died at hatch)
Jrsygntbrdr1 Offline
Classroom Professor

Loc: Arkansas
What happened? Did you ask the seller on Ebay? Did he have a valid excuse as to why he "lied" about the purchase?

I personally LOVE my Brown China gander. He is so sweet. I'll admit, that was my first guess as to his parentage, but I thought MAYBE there was a chance he may be Sebastopol. I'm sorry it isn't what you wanted, but it should still make you happy to see him walking around the yard! Hopefully it will be a sweet bird just like mine is! How is he doing?

#46547 - 02/05/07 11:33 AM Re: Nearing the hatch (gosling died at hatch)
Ducks-n-Geese Offline
Chicken

Loc: Louisiana
Well.... her Ebay ad says white chinese and sebastopol and then in the auction it also says brown chinese. Her auction was for many more eggs than my incubator could handle so I emailed her offlist and asked if I could just buy 2 Seb eggs, which she agreed to and said basically that she was selling them in good faith that it was a Seb egg but that she couldn't guarantee it 100%. She said she took the two eggs from the Sebs nesting area. I thought something was wrong because the eggs were much smaller than my Seb eggs.

I sent her a pic today and she said yes, he's definitely a brown chinese that she was sorry because she really thought she was sending me Seb eggs and that she can't send me any more (I hadn't asked) because a foxes got 5 of her hens the other day. But that Freddie is 4-H show stock.

I don't mind a pair (will get freddie a mate when I figure out its sex) of Brown Chinese but I am worried about the noise. Sebs are *so* quiet.

So whatcha gonna do?

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Admin @ The Coop, Moderator2