Topic Options
#53010 - 10/22/05 07:12 AM Interested in Rare Breeds in Ont./Que.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Anyone out there? I've been doing some reading on heritage breeds etc. (Most interesting and alarming!) I'd like to get into Chanteclars and anything else that needs saving. Also any input re: shipping and selling across the U.S./Can. boarder would be helpfull. Seems the U.S. endangered lists are much longer than ours. Any and all input/info is greatly welcomed. Bring it on!

#53011 - 10/22/05 09:55 PM Re: Interested in Rare Breeds in Ont./Que.
Anonymous
Unregistered

If you get birds from the US the breeder you got them from needs to be NPIP certified or something and needs to get a healthcertificate from the Vet(which is around $66), then they got to drive to the border(or ship them to the nearest town) and you got to drive down and pick'em up.

This is just what I've read/heard from breeders which have done it already.

#53012 - 10/23/05 04:45 AM Re: Interested in Rare Breeds in Ont./Que.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for the input. It's for the above reasons I got out of the (super expensive) dog breeding hobby. It's one thing if your travelling anyway.... I'm not far from the border but rules and regs. (understandably) are getting so that I just don't have that kind of patience. Thanks again!

#53013 - 10/25/05 07:14 AM Re: Interested in Rare Breeds in Ont./Que.
Duck Boy Offline
Flock Leader

Loc: Canada
I have alot of the rarer ducks in Canada. Dutch Hookbills, Shetlands and Austrailian Spotted are just a few. I have around 70+ breeds and varieties of ducks, geese and chickens (mostly ducks) so if you are looking for anything send me an email.
Also you can go to http://groups.msn.com/CANADIANCHICKENEGGSWAPPERS2
There are alot of people their from through out Canada with desent stuff. And I'm pretty sure we have a guy there who has some really good Chanteclars.

#53014 - 10/25/05 08:13 AM Re: Interested in Rare Breeds in Ont./Que.
Angela Stanley Offline
Coop Cleaner

Loc: Missouri
Import regulations being what they are, shipping across the boarder is impossible. It has become very difficult between the states. It took me three weeks to get the permits necessary to ship hatching eggs to Hawaii.
Your best bet, is to ship to a boarder town, cross the line, and pick them up. A health certificate is not required, but Pullorum Paperwork is a safety precaution depending upon what state you ship to.

#53015 - 10/25/05 11:57 AM Re: Interested in Rare Breeds in Ont./Que.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Most Excellent info! I was beginning to a little frustrated there for a bit. Thank you all soooooo much!

#53016 - 10/26/05 08:58 AM Re: Interested in Rare Breeds in Ont./Que.
Seedy Seeds Offline
Coop Cleaner

Loc: Massachusetts
I am having a hard time locating : Sai pans I am told some grow over 4 feet tall, "Giant white sullys " some roosters have weighed as much as 23 pounds,and , silver spangeled orpingtons seem to be rare, and the green jungle fowl and the Ceylon jungle fowl . Also is anyone still breeding silver grey Dorkings . You did ask ! :rolleyes:

Moderator:  Admin @ The Coop, Wieslaw