Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#53861 - 10/20/05 07:51 PM Re: Blue Laced Red Americaunas
Blue Egg Girl Offline
Chicken

Loc: Michigan
Danny check out the breeders listings on the websites I gave you links to in order to find a breeder near you.
The Ameraucana national show will be in Michigan next year incase you can make it.

#53862 - 10/20/05 08:45 PM Re: Blue Laced Red Americaunas
Angela Stanley Offline
Coop Cleaner

Loc: Missouri
Vicky,
Would have liked to have seen you in Sedalia this last weekend for the Ameraucana National. It was a lot of fun, and the top breeders were there. Naturally, I didn't win (Gilbert, Blehm, and Smith were there) but I took three second places and one fifth place out of the six birds that I took. I'm good with that!
Yes Danny, they're the real thing. Vicky also has some fantastic Ameraucanas. Talk nice to her, and she may send you some eggs.

#53863 - 10/20/05 09:41 PM Re: Blue Laced Red Americaunas
Blue Egg Girl Offline
Chicken

Angela
Sounds like you had a good time at the National show and congrats on those wins. Those are pretty good considering it was a nat.l show with all the top exhibitors. I don't show because I'm a freak about not bringing diseases home and I use to show horses and dogs and got over the show bug thingie...BUT I will be at the 2006 national show since afterall it will be in my home state of Michigan. YEAH!! laugh

#53864 - 10/21/05 04:58 AM Re: Blue Laced Red Americaunas
Danny Pritchett Offline
Coop Keeper

Loc: South Carolina
Thanks, I will check Vicky would you sell some eggs in spring?

#53865 - 10/21/05 06:50 AM Re: Blue Laced Red Americaunas
Blue Egg Girl Offline
Chicken

Danny
I doubt I will have any extra eggs for sale in 2006 but do check out some of the other breeders on those websites I referred you to.
John Blehm has some nice blacks and blues (and other colors too) but doesn't sell hatching eggs, but you can get day old chicks. Order early because he sells out early every year.
Heres his website:
http://www.chickhatchery.com/
Good Luck!

#53866 - 10/21/05 11:41 AM Re: Blue Laced Red Americaunas
Rhea Dean Carter Offline
Lord of the Fowl

Loc: Tennessee
Danny, if I had known, I would have been glad to send you some hatching eggs from my black and blue Ameraucanas. I'm getting ready to give them away to a friend of mine. Perhaps he will send you some hatching eggs from them in the spring. If you're interested later on, send me a PM, and I'll send you his E-mail address and telephone number.

#53867 - 10/21/05 12:41 PM Re: Blue Laced Red Americaunas
Blue Egg Girl Offline
Chicken

Rhea Dean...are you getting out of Ameraucanas or just those colors?

#53868 - 10/21/05 02:58 PM Re: Blue Laced Red Americaunas
Angela Stanley Offline
Coop Cleaner

Danny, I breed the lf blues and blacks. If you seriously want eggs, see me in the spring. I'll be more than happy to send some your way.

#53869 - 10/21/05 03:41 PM Re: Blue Laced Red Americaunas
Rhea Dean Carter Offline
Lord of the Fowl

Loc: Tennessee
I'm getting out of the Ameraucanas. When I bought them in 2003 (2 males and 14 females), I was under the impression they lay blue eggs. None of mine lay blue eggs but various shades of green, and some of the shades of green are down right ugly! Needless to say, I've been very disappointed since I paid $25 each for them.

#53870 - 10/21/05 03:59 PM Re: Blue Laced Red Americaunas
Angela Stanley Offline
Coop Cleaner

Yeah, that's kinda misleading about the Ameraucanas. Most lay a green tinted egg. I have a couple that lay robin's egg blue, and a couple that lay an ice blue, but for the most part, it's shades of green.
The egg color is a work in progress. The breeder's are culling birds based on the egg color, trying to make it a purer blue. I do not have the hang of it! I get varying results every year.

Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin @ The Coop, Wieslaw