Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#56210 - 07/22/02 05:22 PM Re: Stebastopals- info about them wanted
Rob Offline
Ruler of the Roost

Loc: Pennsylvania
If you think you are going to order from Holderread,maybe we caould pool an order (in spring), as I am only 25 minutes south of Erie, Pa. I know a lady in Chardon, Cardinal Pony Farm (Welsh). rob

#56211 - 07/22/02 05:50 PM Re: Stebastopals- info about them wanted
Anonymous
Unregistered

That is funny. I ride Welsh ponies for Gail Thompson. I really want to get some Sebs in the spring so, I will have to work on my parents. I would be willing to pool in an order with you. I think I wil want a pair. Thanks

#56212 - 07/23/02 07:19 PM Re: Stebastopals- info about them wanted
Rob Offline
Ruler of the Roost

Lauren,There is a Seb. breeder in Cochranton, Pa. , which is only about 10 miles east of Meadville, Pa., not a long drive from you. He is Curtis Oakes, a breeder of very good birds. He only sells adults in the fall. His address is...6860 state hwy. 173, Cochranton, Pa.16314. send a ssae for a price list. I have his ph. # if you would like it. rob

#56213 - 07/24/02 06:08 AM Re: Stebastopals- info about them wanted
Anonymous
Unregistered

Does he sell goslings in the spring? I would like his phone number too. THanks for all of your help. Lauren

#56214 - 07/24/02 06:15 PM Re: Stebastopals- info about them wanted
Rob Offline
Ruler of the Roost

Lauren, happy to help. I dont think he sells hatchlings but he may. I will give you his # here as his # is published in the PP, etc. But be warned, he is hard to talk to, not very conversational, but he is a nice man. Call between 8:30 and 9:30 P.m. 1(814)425-8247. Most of his dtuff is real good. let me know how you fare. rob

#56215 - 07/26/02 06:37 AM Re: Stebastopals- info about them wanted
Anonymous
Unregistered

I will let you know how I do. First I have to find a soultion to house them. I could put my Polish in with the other birds that they were raised with in the spring,.... but I have a Polish rooster and a light Brahmas roo. The brahma has been by himself with the feed since my older hens picked his tail feathers out when I tried to put him in with them. I want to just leave him there since he is alot nicer then running with the girls but my parents don't want him there. (they don't take care of the chickens so I don't see why it matters to them) Plus they don't want me to build a seperate house for the geese. I could get rid of the brahmas and I wouldn't have a problem but I want him too. I guess I have to think about what I really want and sacrifice something. Can't have everything sometimes. I have a while to think about it though.

Sorry if this message is really confusing.
Lauren

#56216 - 07/26/02 11:02 AM Re: Stebastopals- info about them wanted
Oatman99 Offline
Bantam

Loc: Wisconsin
Lauren--

My parents get on me about my chickens, too. Even though it's always hard to give up one of your babies, keeping them isolated or kept in a cage all the time isn't fair to the animal. Sometimes it's best to give a rooster to someone else who can provide it with more space and many "wives". I just sold 2 of my drakes to a little boy--his first pets. I couldn't let them run with the rest of my ducks, for a lack of hens, so they were kept inside all day, never getting to swim like ducks should. (I did put them in the tub to clean themselves up for selling, but don't tell my parents laugh ) Even though I'll miss Fred and Herman, I know they're better off, and they made that little boy so happy to have his very own ducks. Whatever you decide, I'm sure it'll all turn out in the end.

Oatman_99

#56217 - 07/26/02 05:56 PM Re: Stebastopals- info about them wanted
Rob Offline
Ruler of the Roost

Lauren I dont want to discourage you but have you researched geese in general. They are lots bigger than chickens and eat more unless you have a pasture for them. They are messy and can be loud too. Sebs require extra space due to their feathering. Sometimes you think you just cant live without something but 3 months later you are wondering why you wanted it to begin with!. I must say though, I find I really enjoy the geese. smile

#56218 - 07/26/02 08:26 PM Re: Stebastopals- info about them wanted
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have alll fall to think about it. My chickens are pretty messy too. When they roost at night they roost with their rear ends pointing the wrong way. Then the poop is in the nest and not on the florr where it belongs. This drove me insane to the point where my dad and I built a new roosting box that had the bottom drop down to clean it out easier.I think I could manage geese.

#56219 - 07/28/02 06:46 PM Re: Stebastopals- info about them wanted
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey rob, are you still interested in going together on an order in the spring?. And what is your e-mail so I can have it in the spring if you still are interested.
Lauren

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin @ The Coop, Wieslaw