Topic Options
#59905 - 08/14/02 06:57 PM A question for you
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello, At the end of may, I went to a farmer market not far, and I came back with a Rouen duck and her five tiny babys. Now they are big and they do well with the chikens but they do a big mess in the coop playing in the water. Do you know something I dont to eliminate this problem. They are nice, tame, beautiful, etc... but I dont know what to do, I have to clean every day, I worry about the high humidity they produce in the coop. Do you think they need a separate coop? can you help me? confused Johanne

#59906 - 08/15/02 04:31 AM Re: A question for you
Big Boy Offline
Ruler of the Roost

Loc: Kansas
Waterfowl do better in separate coops. If I had the money to invest, I would put the water area in the center of a concreted run and hose off the area, and I am seriously thinking about doing that. I saw some European fancier's pens and they had them on concrete with some range during part of the day. Two of them had raised concrete 'pools' and bottom drains to which they had a large ( I'm thinking that it was about 5cm) hose end attachment that was used to drain the 'water' into the garden.

#59907 - 08/15/02 05:14 AM Re: A question for you
Tiny Offline
Bantam

Loc: Wisconsin
go the one on chickens and geese and read that has lots of tips.

#59908 - 08/18/02 06:04 AM Re: A question for you
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thank you BigBoy and tiny. I will put the ducks in a new coop, a garden house, I do have, so I will solve the problem in my chicken coop, I love the idea of a pan under the water, I'll try this in my ducks coop. Again, thank you. Johanne

Moderator:  Admin @ The Coop, Wieslaw