Topic Options
#59912 - 06/14/07 12:29 PM 1 1/2 days early
Anonymous
Unregistered

Tomorrow is hatch day for the chickens and the ducks. This duckling is 1 1/2 days early. It's doing ok. There were 6 more that I thought were good. One I think died because it hasn't progressed at all and was the first to pip. Four others have pipped - three just looks like it's cracked some and the other has broken through more so hopefully this duckling will have one friend. Only one of the chicken eggs has pipped and it looks like it has stopped for now. I really can't tell if any of the others have done anything. I'm still confused about what the temp and humidity should be so whatever we get is a miracle as far as I'm concerned.

#59913 - 06/14/07 01:16 PM Re: 1 1/2 days early
Mary W. Offline
Coop Cleaner

Loc: Maine
i know what you mean. My ducklings were due out on saturday and have started to pip. 2 died because they were upside down and could not get broken thru but the other 12 that have pipped are doing good so far. Temp sould be around 99.5 and humidity should be up to 70%. Also make sure you have good ventalation. And enjoy the babies you get!!!

#59914 - 06/25/07 07:07 PM Re: 1 1/2 days early
Anonymous
Unregistered

thanks we got 5 total one was having a hard time breaking threw so i helped him now he walks a little funny but hope when he gets older he will get better.
we have two turkeys hatching today 4 more if we are lucky.

Moderator:  Admin @ The Coop, Wieslaw