Topic Options
#61015 - 06/29/07 06:19 AM incubation of Ring Necked Pheasant eggs
Anonymous
Unregistered

Dad ran over the nest and the mama bird. We saved 3 eggs. What temperature should they be? How high should the humidity be? How often should we turn them? The eggs are very fresh. One of the smashed eggs just had blood vessles in the yoke. We currently have them in a cookie tin with bedding in the bottom and a light shining on them.
Feather Fluff

#61016 - 07/08/07 06:02 PM Re: incubation of Ring Necked Pheasant eggs
Jocelyn Offline
Lord of the Fowl

Loc: Canada
Feather, you need them at 99 and a half degrees. dampen the sand or whatever you have for bedding. keep it as close to 99 and a half as you can. Too hot kills them. If they are several days along, they have better odds. let us know how they are doing. Ringnecks take 24 or 25 days, so if yours have blood vessels in the yolk, expect them to hatch any time after day 20. Best of luck
Jocelyn

#61017 - 07/11/07 06:41 AM Re: incubation of Ring Necked Pheasant eggs
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for the information. When I turn the eggs, two of them feel like the egg is only shell; but the other one is rather heavy. Thanks again for the info.

#61018 - 07/11/07 07:47 AM Re: incubation of Ring Necked Pheasant eggs
Rhea Dean Carter Offline
Lord of the Fowl

Loc: Tennessee
Have you candled the eggs to see if any of them are fertile?

#61019 - 07/12/07 05:38 AM Re: incubation of Ring Necked Pheasant eggs
Anonymous
Unregistered

We have candled them all. The two lightweight eggs have only air sacs in them. The heavy egg's shell is to thick for us to see through. So we are guessing on it. I don't think the two light eggs have chicks in them. But my little sister has counted her pheasants before they hatch. I just keep them with the fertile egg.

#61020 - 07/15/07 04:51 PM Re: incubation of Ring Necked Pheasant eggs
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm pretty sure we will get 1 baby. I'm predicting they will hatch around the 18th. Thanks so much for the info.
Feather

#61021 - 07/20/07 03:36 AM Re: incubation of Ring Necked Pheasant eggs
Jocelyn Offline
Lord of the Fowl

Loc: Canada
Hi Feather, any pheasants yet? Don't forget, we don't know the due date for sure...so keep them warm for an extra few days. All the best
Jocelyn

#61022 - 08/16/07 03:49 PM Re: incubation of Ring Necked Pheasant eggs
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sorry. Our computer was down. We left to go to town, and when we came back, the light bulb had burned out; the chick died. It never hatched, but we saw it when we opened the shell. Thank you so much.

Moderator:  Admin @ The Coop, Moderator2