Topic Options
#61187 - 09/28/02 04:12 PM weasels
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi everyone , I am having weasel trouble's , can anyone tell me how to catch him ? PLEASE!!!

#61188 - 09/29/02 06:32 AM Re: weasels
Bruce Smith Offline
Coop Keeper

Loc: Michigan
Try a very small leg trap (#1 Victor?) where no one else can get into it (birds, cats, kids, etc.) in a path he's likely to follow. Wire or tie on some liver as bait. I caught a couple by placing the trap in the tracks in the snow he followed. In the snow, I didn't use bait. I attached the trap chain to a heavy board so I could move the trap, but the weasel would not be able to drag it away.
Caught one in the woodshed with liver.

In the meantime, can you secure your coop so they can't get to the birds, at least at night?

#61189 - 09/29/02 10:32 AM Re: weasels
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thank's for the help , will try that .

#61190 - 10/05/02 12:34 PM Re: weasels
Anonymous
Unregistered

ONCE YOU TRAP THE WEASLE WHAT ARE YOU confused GOING TO DO WITH IT

#61191 - 12/23/02 11:38 AM Re: weasels
Anonymous
Unregistered

I believe both mink and weasels like kidneys use some for bait in a have a heart trap. eek

#61192 - 01/17/03 07:45 PM Re: weasels
Anonymous
Unregistered

i hear that they like to run into tunnels so pvc pipe for "stacks" size scrap piece will do.
find the tiny hole it is as big as a quarter, or a broken link between two chicken wire "holes"- near ground level. there will be slighly smooth ground there.
a weasel will kill 20 birds a nite for fun and suck the blood out of maybe 2-5 of them. absolutely no blood inside the body.
i hop e you catch it and all his friends.

Moderator:  Admin @ The Coop, Moderator2