Topic Options
#61213 - 12/16/02 10:23 AM How long for cornux eggs to hatch?
Anonymous
Unregistered

My friend gave me some quail eggs that I've put in my incubator. They are supposed to be Cornux quail. How long should these take to hatch? They have been incubating for 11 days now and I've had one that started stinking so I tossed it. The rest appear alright but I've been unable to candle them frown

So, basically what I need to know is how long do I wait for these to hatch before I'm incubating rotten eggs?

Thanks for any help! Anise

#61214 - 12/16/02 10:43 AM Re: How long for cornux eggs to hatch?
R. Okimoto Offline
Lord of the Fowl

Loc: Arkansas
Japanese quail (Coturnix coturnix) take 18 days to hatch. The eggs are white with brown splotches some have bluish spots and some have blue egg shells like Ameraucanas, but it is hard to tell because the shells have that white coating on them and then the brownish splotches. You have to break them open to see the blue shell.

#61215 - 12/16/02 10:44 AM Re: How long for cornux eggs to hatch?
Big Boy Offline
Ruler of the Roost

Loc: Kansas
Usually 16-18 days, not turning the eggs or opening the incubator after the 15th day. I haven't had coturnix for a long time but I remember the first ones that I bought and set under a bantam hen: she covered 15 with ease and raised every one of them. Right now I have Northern Bob Whites.

#61216 - 12/16/02 07:12 PM Re: How long for cornux eggs to hatch?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks to you both. I'm really hoping these hatch. If not I know I'll be able to put some eggs under my silkies or other bantams when they go broody. I just don't want to wait smile

Moderator:  Admin @ The Coop, Moderator2