Topic Options
#61537 - 10/02/02 05:48 AM Recipes for sausage or jerky?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have friends that buy chicken sausage from their local butcher. They keep raving about how good it is. I personally would be very afraid of any ‘chicken parts’ the butcher felt worthy for sausage!
However the idea of grinding the meat from some of my old (2-3yrs) layers could be the solution to tough meat. Does anyone have a recipe for chicken sausage?
What about jerky using chicken, duck or turkey?

Thanks,
Shari

#61538 - 10/02/02 01:27 PM Re: Recipes for sausage or jerky?
Susie Offline
Lord of the Fowl

Loc: Arkansas
Shari,

Below is a link to the place where I buy my sausage supplies. I make a lot of breakfast (patty) sausage with venison and pork. My mom likes to take the same spices and make it with ground turkey so I am confident that it could be done with chicken also. The only thing is, you might want to mix in a little bit of pork or ground fat from another source -- just enough to make it stick together in a patty.

The spice we use the most is Eldon's Mild Country sausage spice. It is gooooood! smile But you'll also find all sorts of other ideas and even instructions on the website so you might have fun checking it out. It might inspire some other ideas for you.

Eldon\'s Sausage and Jerky Supply

Susie

Moderator:  Admin @ The Coop, Foehn