Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#62120 - 09/18/02 06:56 PM Re: Butchering - to skin or not to skin, that is the question
Susie Offline
Lord of the Fowl

Loc: Arkansas
Oh, and Lee, heck no, who "saves" bacon? You eat the bacon with the meal. If you want more for breakfast, cook more bacon. LOL! laugh

Really though, we do this with venison sometimes and just eat the bacon with that meal. Mmmmmm!

Susie

#62121 - 09/19/02 09:14 PM Re: Butchering - to skin or not to skin, that is the question
Anonymous
Unregistered

I will try the crock pot again, Susie, as per your suggestion. When I was married, I tried to cook home-grown poultry for my family. They didn't like it. It was too tough and strong tasting for them. My kids will eat it if I fool them (tell them it is turkey). But, I crock potted some home-grown chicken all day once and it didn't help any. Even I thought it was tough.

I will also try the fried chicken stratagies. I looked at Wally World a couple of days ago for a "fry daddy" but didn't find one. I have an egg-eating hen who doesn't lay (I isolated her) that I'm intending to use in my fried chicken experiments.

Lee

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin @ The Coop, Foehn