Topic Options
#62775 - 09/17/03 05:36 PM Duck recipies, anyone???
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am looking for some really good duck recipies as my husband is new to eating duck, and I want him to like it as we are raising some ducks for meat.

#62776 - 10/06/03 05:35 PM Re: Duck recipies, anyone???
Anonymous
Unregistered

Try food tv's website. They have a catalog of over 25000 recipes and I am sure a few of them are for duck. A personal favorite of mine is to roast the breast, basting it with its own fat to keep it moist, until medium rare. Let it rest and make a nice sauce to serve with it, such as a raspberry-sage sauce or a brandy and blackberry reduction, wild rice on the side and nice streamed carrots and ??? for a vegetable side. The sauces are easy. Get some red raspberries and put in a small sauce pot. Add a little water and cook until the berries break up. You can either strain or leave the seeds in. Add fresh whole sage leaves, about 10 or 12 small ones, that have been bruised or lightly crused. let steep in the berry juice until desired level of flavor is reached. Sweeten to taste with some sugar or honey and finish with a couple of grinds of black pepper. Yummy! The brandy-blackberry is the same idea. You can add sage to this too, or maybe a little rosemary or other herbs abd spices to your liking. Enjoy! Cedewynne

#62777 - 10/08/03 11:29 AM Re: Duck recipies, anyone???
Anonymous
Unregistered

Try out this Site !

web page

Karl

Moderator:  Admin @ The Coop, Foehn