Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#63065 - 09/27/02 04:35 PM New Topic Area....Coops
Anonymous
Unregistered

Here's an idea...How about another topic area called "Coops"? It would basically be a place for people to go discuss coop design, and for people to post pictures of their "works of art". I feel like we've all become friends, and if we all lived down the road from eachother I'm sure we would all visit and see eachothers coops and birds. This would also be a "direct route" for new-comers to see other coops and get ideas before they make the plunge. I think it would be neat...I'll put my coop pics in there!

#63066 - 09/27/02 06:03 PM Re: New Topic Area....Coops
Nancy Offline
Flock Leader

Loc: Michigan
I agree...it would be a great idea. When I first came here and was looking for coop ideas I had to read every topic, it would be nice for other newbies to be able to go right to it instead of reading for 83 hours to get all the info.
I have gathered all my ideas and info from this site and this site alone so I must once again express my gratitude to everyone!!!
Nancy

#63067 - 09/27/02 06:15 PM Re: New Topic Area....Coops
Anonymous
Unregistered

I agree. There have been some great ideas and cool stuff too so it would be great if the coop ideas were easier to find. I love this site. :p

#63068 - 09/27/02 08:20 PM Re: New Topic Area....Coops
Anonymous
Unregistered

A section for coop design ideas is a wonderful idea. I am new to this site and have really enjoyed reading everyone's stories and advice about poultry. I am trying to find a small coop design that I can construct so I can once again raise chickens. It would be a great help to find more of that type of information here.

I made a visit to my local library last week but was disapointed to find they had a pitiful amount of literature on chickens. I'm having a hard time finding a good idea. I want to build a structure that can house chickens in one area, and a couple of rabbit hutches in another.

i would like to say again how much I have enjoyed reading posts on this site. I check it every evening. Thank you all for sharing your information.

#63069 - 09/27/02 09:48 PM Re: New Topic Area....Coops
Anonymous
Unregistered

laugh SO GLAD YOU MENTIONED IT. THAT IS WHAT I WAS ALSO LOOKING FOR WHEN I FIRST ARRIVED TO THE COOP. I WAS INCUBATING EGGS AND WANTED TO BUILD ANOTHER COOP FOR THE NEW CHICKS.

#63070 - 09/28/02 09:41 AM Re: New Topic Area....Coops
CJR Offline
Coop Master

Loc: Montana
Collected a few small backyard coop pictures for my website--for people who want an attractive coop for just a few birds. It is still growing, but a whole site with more pictures (and plans, my page has no plans) would be very useful. CJR
www.dutchbantams.com

#63071 - 09/28/02 12:12 PM Re: New Topic Area....Coops
Bill Ludwig Offline
Classroom Professor

Loc: Ohio
Good idea!!

Bill

#63072 - 09/28/02 12:53 PM Re: New Topic Area....Coops
Anny Offline
Coop Keeper

Loc: Belgium
Yes, good idea, and we could discuss the automated coop door on the new 'Coops' topic. laugh

#63073 - 09/30/02 05:28 PM Re: New Topic Area....Coops
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks everyone........now if we can only find someone that can create it....Hmmmm........... wink

#63074 - 09/30/02 06:59 PM Re: New Topic Area....Coops
Susie Offline
Lord of the Fowl

Loc: Arkansas
I just sent a private message to the admin. and referred them to this topic. Guess we'll wait and see. I think it's a neat idea as I have also been through what all of you describe -- checking the library, building coops thru trial and error, etc.

Susie

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin @ The Coop, Moderator2