One thing I have learned is creating a managable coop is an on-going process.
I'd been struggling with what to do about a droppings board for below the roost. A few weeks ago while I was weatherizing with plastic, one of my girls pooped on a small sheet which I'd dropped on the floor. As I looked at the 'mess' I could almost hear the little light bulb click on above my head.
I made a dropping catcher using PVC piping and weatherization plastic. 1 pipe is 1/2 inch. 1 is 1 inch. The 1/2 pipe is up against the wall. The 1 inch is approximately 6 inches further out than the roosting board. Both pipes are set in dowel rod holders, like the ones used in closets. I used a 20 inch width of plastic that is the length of the roost. I duct taped the plastic to the PVC and 'turned' the pipe just enough to conceal the duct tape. I sprinkled a light dusting of cedar shavings into the 'gully' which is created when both pipes are in their holders. To clean it out I use a kitty litter scooper.
It works for me. The clean up is easy. The smell is diminished considerably. And it is much more hands-off management.

Just thought I'd share this one. But there is always room for improvement. If anyone can think of potentail pitfalls for this system, please let me know.

TC
cool